The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Vault Vision (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Does anyone use this and do you like the effect? I just purchased this (along with Mystery Triangle and Synchro Boxes). Smile

Demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BkhdcCONnY
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I love Vault Vision. I'm not a performer but I've done it for family and its impossible to figure out. Probably Tenyo's best pocketable trick. No set up, no reset and as long as someone has coins all you need is the little device and you're set to go.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Hey Mark, thanks for your reply. I look forward to it...I'll report back on it when I get a chance to tinker with it a bit.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I have the Eddy's Magic version of this. From what I understand Tenyo sold them the rights to this and it is supposed to be exactly the same.
However I find that when I insert a Nickel into the drawer the drawer does not seem to close completely. Is it like that in the Tenyo version as well or is it just a problem with mine?
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 10:51, xl18 wrote:
I have the Eddy's Magic version of this. From what I understand Tenyo sold them the rights to this and it is supposed to be exactly the same.
However I find that when I insert a Nickel into the drawer the drawer does not seem to close completely. Is it like that in the Tenyo version as well or is it just a problem with mine?

I'll be getting my Tenyo Vault Vision soon so I can confirm later...unless someone else can? Smile Also, I'll be using Canadian coins instead of American ones. Speaking of Eddy's Magic, I've got the Eddy's Magic Soft Coins...I'm not sure if that was a ripoff or properly licensed from the Tenyo version, but I love it...great effect and pretty much fully examinable.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Quote:

I have the Magic Works version (I like that it says "Vault Vision" and not "Money Game" on it) and the nickle works fine.
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
I have the Eddy's version, and the drawer works fine with all three coins. My problem is it's all black, and if the light isn't right, I have a bit of trouble with the penny and dime when they are chosen.
I don't like picking it up and holding it towards me, or pivoting it around more to favor my viewing, so I just use it when the lighting is very good.

Any suggested handlings would be appreciated.

One thought I have is to turn it towards me, then cover with a silk, then make the call on what coin is where. This would provide some excuse for me having to reposition the trick.
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
I just got this and I love it. Simple and clever. Smile It's all black and doesn't have any writing on it. The outer packaging has Empire Magic on the front and it says "Eddy's Magic" on the drawer/device itself.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
... However I find that when I insert a Nickel into the drawer the drawer does not seem to close completely. Is it like that in the Tenyo version as well or is it just a problem with mine?

Just checked it and indeed, the drawer doesn't close 100 %, more like 95 %. I never had anyone notice it, even I didn't notice it untill I checked for it this morning Smile
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
Quote:
On 2010-01-08 05:04, Killertweety wrote:
Quote:
... However I find that when I insert a Nickel into the drawer the drawer does not seem to close completely. Is it like that in the Tenyo version as well or is it just a problem with mine?

Just checked it and indeed, the drawer doesn't close 100 %, more like 95 %. I never had anyone notice it, even I didn't notice it untill I checked for it this morning Smile

Same with mine. Although I've found that this can help in the method. Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
Same with mine. Although I've found that this can help in the method. Smile

Shhhhhhhhht Smile ... .
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Had the opportunity to examine the original Tenyo version and compare with my all black Eddys. I can say without a doubt the Tenyo was/is better. The operation is smoother, the color of gray vs black makes a huge difference IMHO, and the part that helps us who are using it also is cleaner and much more easily "read".

My hope is one day to find an original Tenyo, now that I've seen one and handled it I can see it's better. I'm sure others will disagree...

My 2 cents worth...or my nickel...or is it a dime I have...or maybe just a penny...?
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I've never seen the Eddys but like I said above the Magic Works version is exactly the same as the Tenyo - except the name on the sticker. My Magic Works version is is easy to see and it closes all the way with a nickel. It may be worth searching Magic Works for bargain. But the Tenyo version is still in production and easy to get. Magico-Japan should be able to get them.
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Agreed- either Tenyo or Magic Works versions.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I received the trick I bought on ebay, and couldn't use it.
Just in case no one mentioned it:
The trick is designed to be used with 5 yen coins.
None of the american coins will work with the trick.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Just reread this post and my response above.
I was thinking about Super Spike, and not Vault Vision.
Penny, nickle, dime all work just fine in my Vault Vision.
US coins though do not work in Super Spike.
Very sorry for the mistake. Is it possible to remove a post?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo Vault Vision (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL