The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A tough question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Assuming you've established the following type of response is appropriate (see Ben Harris' 1st post above)

Didn't you get the memo?

I suspect shortly after your last breath.

I'm pretty sure that's going to be right at the very end of your life.

That's a toughie... I'm going to have to phone a friend... Hello..God?... He's not picking up... oh and his voice mail's full?

That's the one question no one knows the answer to... unless of course the judge has told you.

The Italian gentleman wants to know, (Said with a badiy executed Italian accent), "when am-a I-a going to die?" Well I think you went once when you got up this morning, ... then again mid morning, ...once after lunch... and again this evening... that's-a-when-you're-a-going-today (to-die) ... when you're a going tomorrow and a the next day of course depends on how much liquid you drink.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
caycemindreader
View Profile
Regular user
UK
107 Posts

Profile of caycemindreader
Whilst I like the idea of turning what could be a sombre moment around with levity, personally I would allow it the depth it deserves but move on to other things quite swiftly.

When are you going to die?
I can't tell you that and even if I could I wouldn't.

NEXT!
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
My joke answer would be to look at my watch and mutter, "...what time is it just now?"

Or, more seriously...

"I can't tell you, you control your own destiny, walk your journey wisely."

Footnote
A couple of years back my wife was diagnosed with cancer with a mortality rate of 1 in 5. She did tons of research, changed her diet, listened to 'positive thoughts' CD's during her Chemo & Radiotherapy and a whole lot of other stuff. She (we) got through it and so far has been clear for 2 years now. We won't celebrate until she doesn't need any more check-ups after 5 years. I seriously believe everything she did helped push the odds in her favour, she shaped her destiny.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
You only truly die when nobody remembers you .......
Mark
E.O.I
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
It seems to me that such a situation is unlikely to arise in the kind of performance that is typically referred to as "Q&A." I've never seen or heard of a "Q&A" routine in which audience members are invited to stand up and ask questions. Such routines are usually presented (e.g., as performed by Dunninger, Kreskin, Eagles, etc.) in "sealed message reading" format where audience members write their names or initials and a message or question on slips of paper (which may or may not be put into small envelopes), which are then collected in a basket, bag or bowl. The performer, who may or may not ever handle the slips or envelopes, identifies some audience members by name or initials and answers their question or otherwise indicates that he has received their message. For example, in Dunninger's and Kreskin's case, the slips are put into envelopes which are collected but not handled by Kreskin who then sits in a chair, opens a notepad, apparently "receives" the thoughts written audience members and answers their questions. In acts like Gil Eagles' where the performer is blindfolded, the slips are not in envelopes but are dumped into a bowl; the performer reaches into the bowl, grabs a handfull of slips and answers some questions or reveals some messages, discards those slips and grabs a few more, etc. In those presentations questions such as "When will I die?" are simply ignored. There is no attempt to answer ALL of the questions, only enough of them to result in an effective performance.

The only situation I can imagine in which a performer would ask audience members to call out questions would be in a comedy routine where the kind of responses that "Dr. Bob" has suggested would be in order.
Dick Christian
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Quote:
On 2009-12-22 22:03, Jay Are wrote:
Curious what the minds of the big green will come up with...

A spectator stands up during your Q & A and asks you "When am I going to die?"

What do you say?

J

Not as far into the future as you'd like...but sooner than you expect.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
"When you stop living. Don't worry, though. When it happens, you probably won't even notice it."
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The answer is simple really ...

You will DIE on a Tuesday evening!!!!!
I see it clearly Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
April 1st 2010.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2009-12-23 19:02, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
April 1st 2010.

Hehehehhe...
Keith Brown
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of Keith Brown
Gabe...Love it.

Long time-no talk. Hope you are well.
~Dr. Keith Brown
<BR>"The Master of Mystery"
<BR>www.KeithBrownMagic.com
<BR>
www.TheInvisibleMagicShop.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A tough question... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL