The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who is your favorite coin magician? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I am looking at some Ramsay stuff wheres the best place to look? Smile Kurtz had so much skill, makes me laugh.

Lee
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
ewww Curtis Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Lee,

Unlike some of us, you can get a first look at the Ramsay material on video. There are two tapes of his student, Andrew Galloway both performing and explaining the work. The rest of us had to trek through books from long ago and figure out how to make the routines work. Andrew Galloway also wrote three books; "The Ramsay "+{Legend, Classics, Finale} if you'd prefer to read.

Enjoy, -jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
DreamBig
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of DreamBig
Roth and Kurtz.
These are the first greats I saw.

I didn't know that about Kurtz. Learn something new every day.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Thanks Jon...

Macruz he is quit the famous French-Canadian mentalist. He is always jetting off to flim new specials. I guess he is the French Derren Brown.

Lee
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
David Stone is brilliant. Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I prefer the slow paced, easy to follow artists. Watch Michael Skinner, although not a major coin worker, has deliberate, excellent effects that are so nice to watch. Sol Stone can fool you in slow motion. We can't forget David Roth, who "explains" to you what is happening, and proceeds to floor you completely, and David Neighbors, the ultimate slow performing master. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Although Reed McClintock and Curtis Kam are great coin guys, I would say DAVID ROTH, DAVID ROTH forever!

best,
Hirase

P.S. Watching David Stone and Jay Sankey's performance is very enjoying, too!
In love with magic!
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
David Roth
Shegio Futagawa
Geoffery Latta
T. Nelson Downs
Arthur Buckley
Lou Gallo
Tony Slydini

All of these men have infulenced my magic and for that reason are highly regarded.

Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
My favorite coin magician? Hmmmm...

Goshman is the best I've ever... well, wait a minute - Tony Slydini once fooled me with the same trick three times in a row, and had the whole house in a uproar for over an hour with nothing but a handful of silver dollars, so he would have to be my favori... No, No, I'm forgetting the time that Mike Skinner took a silver coin and a copper coin and... But that's not the same as the time Derek Dingle put a cigarette through a quarter in that bar in San Francisco and then... Hmmm, I just remembered, Milt Kort was sitting in his kitchen, all crippled up with arthritis, and I was sure that there was no way a guy in that shape could do the magic I just saw, it must have been a hallucination, but,... Well, you see the quandry! Here comes Frank Shields with those ten dimes and that thing he did on the bar where he did the coin star with the dimes on both hands at the same time and... Jack McMillen does this thing where the coins come from nowhere, coppers and silvers, six then four, then two, then one, then oh yeah, it was all a fantasy anyway, so I guess there weren't any coins to start with, so I couldn't have lost anything, really... Which reminds me of the time that Roth hung these coins on some kind of a hook that was invisi... Or was that Scotty with the Golden Finger and the purse, and... oh, no, couldn't have been, because Vernon was there, showing me the Liepzig Vanish, where his fingers are all a-wriggling, and then all of a sudden... Pow! There it is, a coin in a bottle, and Bauer is just sitting there, saying "Have you ever heard of the Legend of the Flying Coin? you know, Devant's famous trick with the... Wait a minute, I'm geting this all mixed up! Who IS my favorite coin magician? I'll have to THINK about that...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
There are names that changed coin magic. Each marks an era.
Ramsay / Kort
Roth / Latta
Townsend / Kenner / Kurtz

Who will be next? At this point my money's on Reed. Rumor has it there's another sea change coming...
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I use to be a card guy, that was until PoS came out.(I haven't picked up a deck of cards in months!!!)

Chris Smith (MagicSmith) and I agree Curtis Kam is a god (not THE GOD but a god nonetheless)

I have emailed Curtis several time and ask numerous questions, And he always finds time to answer and help me out.
I can't wait for the COINvention to meet him. Not sure if i should shake his hand or bow down and kiss his ring...LOL

We all should thank him for including Reed and Kainoa on his PoS series. So thanks Curtis for everything.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
felix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of felix
I have not seen so many coin experts, but I was very impressed, when I saw Chad Long and Eric Anderson do coinmagic. I do not hear people talk about Eric Anderson very much, but he is a great close up magician.

Yours Felix
magic hands
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
176 Posts

Profile of magic hands
I just saw Apollo and was very impressed.. Smile
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Oh man, I forgot about Milt Kort!

His coin work is great!, and like Ramsay, a Hobbyist.(Milt used to be a pharmacist.)

I'm liking this list, its giving me some new names to search for information about coin magic.

Keep it up guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who is your favorite coin magician? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL