The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Concerning some classics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
You also have to know that Classic HANDLEINGS, And Classic PLOTS are NOT the same!!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of D Walker
Quote:
On 2009-12-28 10:46, rannie wrote:
Great Job Tim! Here is another classic that I in turn would like to share...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pSWUxLYBZQ My take on the classic gaddabout coins.

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH8Xj_fcSbU My tribute to John Ramsay. Cylinder and Coins

I LOVE your take on Gaddabout Coins. Simply beautiful.

The Classics are alive and well!

rannie
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It is the reality of reality. As magicians we are constantly reinventing the wheel looking for that variation that makes us "original, unique, and creative" when the best tool to please paying audiences is the classic.

The truth is we have two venues: each other and the paying audience. The opinions of second group count most with the rest of the world. It measures success or failure in a larger league with the most options. The opinions of the first group are the ones we seek most. They understand the inputs and not just the outputs.

The costumes change but the script is essentially the same. It doesn't take forever on stage to learn that. Learning to deliver it is the challenge.

I really like the direction of this thread.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Rannie
Your Gaddabout Coins is top notch !!! Nice work as always.

Here is the Chinese Classic done using the traditional two phase routine and HPC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9CqiddkzkM

Bob
Great point on we perform for two kinds of groups, The second group is what counts. I couldn't agree more !
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I love threads like this one!

My only difficulty with the classic coin magic effects/routines is trying to remember or determine who the originator of each was! I like to give credit when performing - even if just something I'm doing for the kids here.

E.g., when performing the Coins through Table I want to say, "This is the classic effect Coins through the Table, originally performed by ____________." Some I know just by the extensive reading I have been doing lately, but for most I couldn't tell you who came up with them. Of course I could say, "...as performed by...." and then just mention any of the great and prolific coin magic performers. Heck, I could just refer to David Roth as the "performed by..." for just about any coin effect and not be wrong!

I really do wish there was a definitive reference that listed all known effects and its originator. Of course I usually wish for a lot of things... Smile

Thanks!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Concerning some classics (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL