The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Brick Wall In A Bag Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey guys...just wanted to write a quick review for the Brick-Wall-In-A-Bag. I have no financial interest in this...just want to pass along some helpful info for fellow professionals.

Customer Service:

I purchased this directly from Sean Paul at his site (ImpactMagic.com). His customer service was fantastic. I had sent him at least 5-6 e-mails with several questions about the backdrop and he always got back with me very quick.

When I finally decided to purchase it, I was able to do so easily via PayPal and Sean shipped it out the very next day. It arrived WAY quicker that I expected and in perfect working order.

Backdrop Options:

You can purchase the soft carry case or the hard case with wheels. The hard case is $100 more…but I would highly recommend it. First of all, the hard case can serve as a very nice looking table for your act and it also makes it easier to load “in and out” with.(Love those wheels) The hard case also comes with a velcro friendly surface so you can customize it with your logo, a prediction, ect. If you do a lot of flying as I do the hard case is the way to go! I will be flying with this backdrop in a few weeks and am very confident that the hard case will completely protect my investment.

The Backdrop:

This is a very nice looking backdrop. Having owned a Spyder backdrop (and several others) I can say that the quality of this one is very good. With proper care, it will last a VERY long time. The cloth is very well made and does not appear to be cheap or tear easily…not sure of the material…but it feels very durable. The cloth actually wraps around both sides to give it a nice 3D look…from only a few feet away…it looks like a 3D brick wall!

There is an option to have your name or other logo printed on the wall. I did not do this as I wanted to keep my options open! Instead I have placed some magnets onto the back side of the fabric and these hold my ‘name logo’ on the wall perfectly. This gives me the option to change my logo, hang predictions, or even hang up a company logo for a customized show. A few magnets and some gaffers tape and the possibilities are endless.

It is much lighter than I expected…even in the hard case. The case has wheels but is easily picked up and loaded into an automobile.

Who Is This For:

Well I purchased this as I am doing more stand-up comedy / speaking these days…not to mention when I do magic it is primarily ‘comedy magic’…so the brick wall really fits my act. I imagine a variety of performers could use this backdrop...comedians, comedy magicians, jugglers, variety acts, etc.

Who Is This Not For:

The backdrop is quite large (which is GREAT) so it would not be practical for a B-Day party performer in an 'in home' setting. I am not saying impossible…just not practical. For those types of venues I would HIGHLY recommend the Jeff Jones backdrops…they have a very ‘magical looking’ and are compact enough for home shows. (He even has a larger one that is great for school shows)

Rating:

I am going to have to give this a 10 / 10. I am completely satisfied with every aspect of this purchase. For more info you can contact Sean Paul. His e-mail is sean@impactmagic.com.

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Bill Wilson
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Bill Wilson
Impressive review.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Thanks...I don't do reviews too often...but I was very impressed with this product...hope it helps!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I would totally concur with Cody's review. I purchased one just over a month ago and was also totally impressed with the quality of the product and the service received. I would also give it a 10.

Thanks Sean!

jeff

ps. Cody, the goose says he knew you'd like it!
Quatermass
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Quatermass
Thanks for the review. It seems this can allow some good opportunties for cloaking t**** work with the right background?
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Hey Cody Thanks for the very nice review! Smartini - I am glad you like yours as well. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Best regards!

Sean-Paul
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you all know - that I have a few Brickwalls here and a few Pop up star drops that have been used a few times that I am willing to sell for 30% off.

A brick wall as seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrSYIKks0iA
Normally $1050 But will sell it for $750 plus shipping.

Pop up star drop One of my original models that I accepted as a trade in for an upgrade.
as seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBa9bt0db8
Listed for $1250 But will sell for $850 plus shipping.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!
Vegasvent
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix
288 Posts

Profile of Vegasvent
Now the Star-Drop is awesome!
Magical Phil-Kidzshow, LLC

"My Wife says that either all of my Stuff goes, or she does......" "Boy, I'm sure gonna miss her cookin'."
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Just want to let you guys know that the star drop is sold - but I do have a Brick wall that is used but in near perfect condition with a brand new travel bag. $700 plus shipping.

PM me if interested.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Someone needs to buy that for me as a Christmas gift!

Steve
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
I have one of Sean-Paul's Brick Wall In A Bag backdrops and can thoroughly recommend it. Plus Sean-Paul is a nice guy and very easy to deal with.

Important : there is a knock-off version of this by Mak Magic, it's also called Brick Wall In A Bag and some dealers are carrying it, I saw it listed at Hank Lee's and Hocus-Pocus have it on sale at the moment. My suggestion is to NOT to buy the ripoff - the printing on the fabric looks cheap and it seems to sit on the frame very loosely which spoils the brick wall idea, the whole unit doesn't look as professional. It also doesn't have the wrap-around sides like on Sean-Paul's one.

http://www.magicmonkeybusiness.com/impac......bag.html is Sean-Paul's site, check it out.
Sean-Paul
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Sean-Paul
Thanks Mick for the kind words. I am glad your Backdrop got to New Zealand in good working order.

I hope it serves you well!
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Brick Wall In A Bag Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL