The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How To Access Banquet Room Secret Sessions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Alaskan
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Alaskan
I wanted to read a posting about zombie balls that is posted in the Banquet Room Secret Sessions. I do I access that forum, if possible?

Thanks
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
First thing you should do is read the rules. Most questions are covered there. Here's a link to the section you are asking about

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0
Where the magic begins
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
When a new member comes to the Café, its exciting for them but sometimes a bit overwhelming too.I always see replies such as "this question has been asked many times before etc" Like I said,the excitement and being overwhelmed sometimes leads one to rush off and post a question in this forumn. Surely the best approach would be to seek out the answers on their own. But...unless Im wrong,this is why we have this forumn, the ability to reach out to the controllers with some answers on the back end.I guess that's why some humans make good teachers in the school system. They never get tired of answering the same repeated questions day over day,month over month and year over year. I personally could not do it either but then again, I'm not in the position to have too.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
When a new member registers, they agree to follow the rules of the Café. If they don't read them, they cannot follow them. This particular question has it's own topic in the forum so searching for it would be an easy matter. Some questions take a little research but are quite easily found.

You are correct that some are anxious to get started and overlook the rules but some questions are asked repeatedly. We have seen questions asked, answered and within a few hours, the same question asked again. The new questioner is in the correct forum and it would be an easy matter to see what has been asked recently.

You notice that while we say the question has been asked before, we almost always provide a link to the specific rule in hopes that the member will take the time to go back and read the rules.

We are not teachers so the ability to teach is not the question. It's a matter of members not doing what they agreed to do when they registered.
Where the magic begins
Magic Alaskan
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Alaskan
Sorry for asking a question that I guess has been asked multiple time before. I did attempt to look for the answer first, but could not find it easily. I guess I didn't look hard enough or in the right places. Again, I apologize wholeheartedly. It won't happen again and I am truely sorry I touched a nerve. I certainly did not mean to waste anyones time. That will be my one and only post.

Regards.....
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
That will be my one and only post.

Regards.....

LOL, don't bother making it your "one and only post", as the Café has literally tens of thousands of posts that would likely be of interest to you, and 30 some thousand members for you to converse with.
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I agree with what you said Dave. When new members register, they are asked to read the rules and follow by them. Each forum has it's own rules as well. When a new member doesn't read the rules but yet agrees to abide by them, how are they to know the rules they agreed to abide to? And, if they did read the rules, most of their initial questions would more than likely be answered.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Magic Alaskan
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Magic Alaskan
No need for further comment, I received the message loud and clear. life is too short to spend any more time on my mistake.......

I said I was sorry and it won't happen again, and that's all there is.

happy holidays
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Satterlee, you did not hit a nerve, noone is attacking you, and you did not make a mistake. You asked a question that has been asked before and a link to the specific rule was supplied. The intent was to point out that if you read the rules (there are two forums containing the rules at the beginning of the index page), most questions can be answered easily.

If after reading the rules there is still a question, we have no problem clarifying them.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » How To Access Banquet Room Secret Sessions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL