The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Beating the cut card. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
The other day I was working in a "friendly" soft game. However they used a cut card to my demise. Luckily for me, I was working with a partner so he would cut at my small jog protruding out the back. My questions is,( and I am asking this here because I do not own a cut card to practice with yet) is it possible to execute a classic pass, riffle pass while avoiding disrupting the cut card from the bottom. I have tried by turning a normal playing card faced up on the bottom of a deck and yes I was able to separate the face up card in the squaring action with the meat of the base of my thumb then hit a successful pass. But from my understanding the cut card is more dense and thicker. Besides creating a bridge or a crimp and forcing a cut, is there anyway around the cut card that involves a pass, hop or whatever we call it nowadays. Thanks!!
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of No. 92
Short answer is yes. The long answer involves a lot of arguing and a shot or two of Jack.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2010-01-04 20:07, blackeagle wrote:
But from my understanding the cut card is more dense and thicker.

Ever consider buying a cut card and toying around with it? Should be obvious, and it's cheap.
The Mysterious Kid
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious Kid
Quote:
My questions is,..., is it possible to execute a classic pass, riffle pass while avoiding disrupting the cut card from the bottom

I suggest you ask the member Ben Train what he thinks about using a riffle pass at the card table. If I remember correctly there was a story with a pool involved...
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
If your working a soft game, just use marked cards and be done with it.

Blockout work with a sharpie should fly. Big fat dots.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Quote:
On 2010-01-05 19:42, artwo wrote:

If that is what you use....can I take out life insurance in your name and be the beneficiary Smile
Long Island,

New York
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
287 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
I created a shift to beat the cut card. Its written up in Modus Operandi the Card Magic of Jack Carpenter.

Steve Ehlers
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
There's something I called "top slug bypass" here too:

http://www.arnoldmcdonald.org/en/code/index.php?p=6210000

And you have to buy nothing to watch it!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2010-01-05 20:37, Expertmagician wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-01-05 19:42, artwo wrote:

If that is what you use....can I take out life insurance in your name and be the beneficiary Smile

Amen to that.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Interesting comments. And I never use any marked cards. I just use my two hands...and good looks
artwo
View Profile
Veteran user
South England
332 Posts

Profile of artwo
Well, I was being sarcastic, but it is true that some paper would reduce your workload with no added risk.

Some would argue, yadda yadda yadda.

See to me, a "friendly" soft game doesn't have a cut card. Or a cut after the shuffle procedure. But us Brits are far too trusting.
No. 92
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of No. 92
No cut! I need to relocate!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Beating the cut card. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL