The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Ovations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
Is this a good product?
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Check for other threads on McClintock products! But, as far as Coin Ovations goes let me say this:

I have seen hundreds of guys do magic. I have seen dozens of guys that SPECIALIZE in coins. I do a fair bit of coin magic myself. Once in a while, a long while, someone comes along who handles coins in a special way. Reed McClintock is that "once in a while" guy!

It is not so much the tricks. Nor is it the quantity of coins. It is not even the aesthetics of the final displays that everyone is raving about. No, it is "the touch". Reed has "the touch".

But wait a minute. Does that make him peculiar? Is he like "a genius"? Is it something he "just has", a gift that no one else can get? NO! Reed has worked really hard to develop "the touch". And, he shows you what it is. You can do it too. IF, big IF, IF you are willing to put in the time that Reed has put in. Because he lays it all out for you. The methods, I mean. He tells you what the technical details are. All you have to do is practice like Reed did, and you'll be able to do what Reed does. But don't think that is easy. Clearly, it's not. That's why there are so few Reed McClintocks'. He is truly dedicated, and often inspired. He clearly has fun doing this stuff. And because he enjoys it, the work required is fun too. And so, he has DEVELOPED "the touch".

What the hell IS "the touch"? Well, watch Reed's magic. Even when I know what's coming, and I do a lot of the time, I can't SEE it. He has NO TELLS. And that is a combination of things. Perfect timing, flawless excecution, great presentation, Reed gets so far ahead that you never even suspect, let alone detect, anything remotely resembling a move! He holds out without any stress showing. He steals without any telegraphing. He loads without any distracting movements. And he does it with LARGE loads, not one coin, not two, but many. This is hard work, well done.

No, Reed doesn't tell you all the secrets. I don't think Reed knows all the secrets himself. Not to verbalize anyway. Not in two hours of video. He does this stuff because it is the right way to do this stuff. And if you talk with him, and ask him how and why, he can tell you. But not on a two hour video. It would take the whole tape to describe the details of a simple load sequence if he gave you all the details I'm talking about! But you can SEE them. Watch the video, learn the tricks, technique, sequencing. Then watch Reed do it. Again. And Again. And again. And then, maybe, you'll start to get "the touch"!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
is there a lot of palming in the video. How advanced is it?
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
You'll have to buy the video if you want to see the secrets. But I can tell you that it is very advanced!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
JustAnotherMagi
View Profile
New user
Oak Canyon
79 Posts

Profile of JustAnotherMagi
It doesn't get a lot more advanced than the material Coin Ovations. You better know your basics! If you are new to coin magic I suggest that you buy "Modern Coin Magic" and learn the basics of coin magic.
"I am the best magician ever..."
-The Conceited Part of My Mind
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
On 2003-06-21 21:20, magicman222 wrote:
is there a lot of palming in the video. How advanced is it?

Yes, I don't think this is really giving away much. Don't get this DVD if you expect to do the material on it tommorrow. It looks like you are young so you might not have the room on your hands yet.

Lee
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Even the easiest trick on the dvd took me three months to get down.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I loved the challenge that folks like Reed M. gave this guy who has been into coins as props for around 30 years.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Of course as Vernon and others said...Effect, Effect ...Effect.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I concur
Reed is a world of his own: a very gifted world
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Ovations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL