The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » How an innocent base can became a miracle ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Arepsi
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
147 Posts

Profile of Arepsi
One great book is from Tim Clothier. Check out the Iron. There's also a standard base method available. "put a base to it" quote from book.

Arepsi
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
Quote:
On 2010-01-16 15:16, Blair Marshall wrote:
He would not have used it on t.v., but may have used it in some of his Vegas shows.

Actually, Doug did present the "Mousetrap" Illusion on one of his TV specials; the one with Bill Cosby, if memory serves.

It is also available on video...not the TV special, but he used it when he filmed "The Magic Show" in Toronto in 1981. The "Mousetrap" replaced the "Table of Death" in the plot.

The DVD is can be purchased through Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Show-Doug-He......2&sr=8-2

Dan Wolfe
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Dan,

We are talking about the higher base here, I know he has used the illusion in many of his shows. However, I believe in the Vegas show, and on t.v./video he either did it on the stage floor, or a slight (very low - 6-12") platform. When I saw his touring show he had it on a higher base, and one that had an "open" front, much like the one in question here, or actually if memory serves, even higher.

OK, so now I looked at my notes, on the touring show the base is about 30-36" off the stage, and it is lit up so you can see under the mouse trap contraption above. I do not believe this was used anywhere else.

Blair
JVHarrison
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of JVHarrison
To my knowledge, there's no publicly available video of Doug using the platform under the mousetrap. In fact, he didn't use it in Vegas, either, as the the Hilton had t***p* where he needed them.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Sssssssh!!!! LOL

B
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
I will ceck maybe I have that Doug video I so it somewhere,
any way Erix Logan's mouse trap Illusion( original fro Kennedy) doesn't use that base,
about the Clothier 's effect "IRON" have nothing to do whit this,
that one is like a classic tunnel plus a cloth at the center!
thanks.
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
I'd have to see it live to believe it.
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
What we need to see live?
Doug Henning?
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
I'd need to see the original posted effects live to believe that it wasn't video edits, ect. If I saw it live (from the audience) and it played the same way I would be really, really impressed.

MJ
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
You right mad!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » How an innocent base can became a miracle ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL