The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Can someone identify this Cigarette effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
A magician friend of mine just told me that a friend of his described a trick he once saw a magician perform, live. It went like this...

Magician hands a cigarette to a spec, asks him to hold it. Magician proceeds to perform a few other effects. Magician then tells the cigarette-holding spec to drop the cigarette. The spec can't drop it.

Well, that's what he told me. It sounded like nothing I was familiar with, so I thought I'd ask here. Sounded to me like a stooge. Anyone know anything of this effect?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Was it lit?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Quote:
On 2010-01-13 14:09, Pete Biro wrote:
Was it lit?

No idea - what I typed was all my friend told me.

I realize that our specs will often remember things differently than they really played out - for example, many of my specs remember me as being good. Smile So, the description might be off a bit, who knows? Just thought I'd see if it sounded at all familiar to anyone.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I once performed Red Hot Mama for someone and was astounded by the description when it got back around to me, which wasn't long at all. Apparently, I changed their dollar, which stayed in their untouched pocket, into their chosen card. Wow, I am amazing! Smile

Anyway.... I haven't heard of this effect before, but it sounds like various hypnotism stunts.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Crazy glue?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-01-13 19:37, Pete Biro wrote:
Crazy glue?

Ha-ha!! That's the first thing I thought!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Can someone identify this Cigarette effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL