The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chrome Plastic Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
When I was a teenager, I had a really neat set of chrome-looking plastic cups.

I would like to get a set, just for nostalgia, and have seen a few available. They all seem to look like PF cups. The finishes look different in the various ad photos - some dull, some shiny - but that could be the photo more than an actual difference.

Any consensus on which set currently available might be my best bet as far as quality and finish (don't worry - my expectations are not high!)?

Thanks in advance -
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They are available at http://stoners.com/?mainURL=/store/categ......ers.html Then click on Cups & Balls Econ Pro .

I could not believe they were not metal cups until I picked them up. These have only been out for a few years.

Click here to view attached image.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Appreciate the suggestion. I do believe I remember seeing these before.

Keep the suggestions coming!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Let me look tomorrow I may have a set I'd sell reasonably.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Fantasma has a mini set in chromed plastic.
http://www.fantasmamagic.com/shopping/pr......rod=4492
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Jim at Hippity Hop Magic has had sets in stock, every time that I've been in the shop. I think they may hold a racket ball as a final load. They're quite shiny. http://www.hippityhop.com/cart/
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thanks for the input. I do appreciate the effort.

Pete, I'll look forward to seeing what you might have.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There is a set on the big auction site. At least there was a couple of days ago.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Yesterday I won a set of Ravel Chrome Plastic cups on the big auction site. Their shape is 'traditional' which is the same shape as the cups I had so long ago. Maybe those were Ravel, too. I quizzed the seller, and the plastic is black on the inside, just like my old ones. I do remember my old ones being a little more narrow - but that could be a case of faulty memory.

I think these will fill the bill quite nicely!

Pete, if you still have something, I may still be interested.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Tomorrow, Sunday is my day to search the boxes and boxes of cups sets. Will have a clean out sale soon TO RAISE MONEY FOR HATIAN RELIEF.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2010-01-17 00:14, Pete Biro wrote:
Tomorrow, Sunday is my day to search the boxes and boxes of cups sets. Will have a clean out sale soon TO RAISE MONEY FOR HATIAN RELIEF.

In that case, I will look forward to seeing ALL of what you find.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Still looking .. check my blog to see other cups on sale http://www.petebiro.com

building fund for Doctor's Without Borders for Haitian relief.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Chrome Plastic Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL