The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "The Compleat MAGICK" by Collectors' Workshop (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
sleightly
View Profile
Elite user
New Hampshire
500 Posts

Profile of sleightly
Just to add one more detail to this thread...

The compiled index I produced in 2010 was finally released at the beginning of January. It not only includes my compiled indexes (Categories & Contributors), but also a number or testimonials from people who knew Bascom, letters announcing the conclusion of publication, the fabled Issue 497 and Insert memorializing Bascom Jones, and an additional trick section added by the publisher. It matches the bound issues in design, cover material, size and format.

It is available for sale from Viking Magic/Collector's Workshop at their website (http://www.vikingmagic.com/Magick-Index?filter_name=magick).

Hopefully it will help students wishing to make use of this remarkable resource!

Andrew
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
My new set arrives today. I owned the incomplete 4 volume set years ago and sold them for $1000 before the new complete 5 volume set was published. I had the pre-publication price locked in and had them delivered b ut sold them a few years ago when I did not need them anymore. A well known performer purchased them for a good price.

Well, I am going back into biz and have the new sets being delivered today, plus the new complied index. A $860 well spent in my book. Plus I have some effects published in the tome as well.
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
I would love to get these, even if the color of the covers was pink. I subscribed in the middle of the run. Having a complete set would be fantastic.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Sleightly, I will be ordering that index as soon as possible. Great job on that.
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
I wish I had another life time to get through all the material presented in this set.
Northern California
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
The value of this set just gets better. I haven't bought any magic this year except some 3 shell sets. There is so much very strong material in these books.
Could be the most important magic purchase of my life.
Goldini
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Goldini
Very, VERY obscure post by OP, in my opinion. Kind of, er, pukey-purple, as Mr. Guerilla likes to put it. (Is that the color of your puke when you're nitpicking to the nth degree?) It's my first visit to The Magic Café after several years, and this is exactly the kind of post I'd hoped never to read again. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I had to write this simply out of self-defense.
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
101 Posts

Profile of How
Does anyone know what the The Compleat Magick Vols. 1,2,3, & 4 Collectors Workshop version (no longer made) sold for? These were the black color version not the available red from Viking Magic now?

Thanks
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2024, How wrote:
Does anyone know what the The Compleat Magick Vols. 1,2,3, & 4 Collectors Workshop version (no longer made) sold for? These were the black color version not the available red from Viking Magic now?

Thanks

I believe it was $150 per book. I owned and sold set #84
sold them for $1000 ($250 per book) many years ago after they were out of print.
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "The Compleat MAGICK" by Collectors' Workshop (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL