The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » My sun and moon talks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
Looking for advice on a key moment in the handling of the classic sun and moon routine. I'm working on a slightly modified version of the Al Goshman routine in Bobo and am using a set of Johnson Hopping Halves (but just the sun and moon pieces).

My problem: When I let the silver insert in my right hand sink down into the copper s++++ before pushing up the real silver coin in my left hand, the insert and the s++++ talk, first they scrap against each other, then there's a little clink or click when they nest. I can minimize it with extremely careful handling, but it's never silent. I can compensate with patter, but I'd actually like for that moment to be visual only.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
For thoughts on communications, creativity and living a life of ideas, please visit www.thinkinside.biz
taiga
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicoutimi, Qc
317 Posts

Profile of taiga
You could apply piece of teflon tape (thin one) inside your shell. It could reduce your noise.
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
Thanks. I was wondering about that. I may try using a TUC C/S to accomplish that and also get the added benefit of the magnet.
For thoughts on communications, creativity and living a life of ideas, please visit www.thinkinside.biz
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
You may also want to look at Roger Klause's routine which is purer than Al Goshman's routine and happens for the best part at the fingertips.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2010-01-19 07:26, Lawrence O wrote:
You may also want to look at Roger Klause's routine which is purer than Al Goshman's routine and happens for the best part at the fingertips.

I LOVE Sol et Lune by Roger Klause; however, one phase precludes the use of the standard Johnson set as the copper [ won't fit over a standard half dollar...

-A
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2010-01-19 00:05, taiga wrote:
You could apply piece of teflon tape (thin one) inside your shell. It could reduce your noise.

I have a shell set that had a similiar problem. I lined the inside of the shell with standard tan masking tape. It helped quite a bit, and is still in there 25 years later.

Might be worth a try! You can remove it easily if it doesn't solve your problem.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
Thanks all for the suggestions and comments. Very helpful. Lawrence O -- I just found the Klause routine in Richard's Almanac last night. I've got the coins for it, so will be trying it out as well. Again, many thanks everyone.

Best,
John Armato
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Rob Thompson also has a nice variation of Sol et Lune called SAMOYA, available on DVD, I think...

performance sample here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaNStc_-DoM

-A
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
Great. Thanks. I'll check it out!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
LOVELY
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
Agreed. Nice and direct. I like those coins, too (guessing their Lassen, but don't know for sure.)
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2010-01-20 03:24, armatoj wrote:
Agreed. Nice and direct. I like those coins, too (guessing their Lassen, but don't know for sure.)

Yup, Lassen,
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
Good looking coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » My sun and moon talks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL