The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 'Full Moon Rising' New Higley Prop and Original Story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
" So did David Parr--This story is in the public domain. "

David's story is in public domain?

Or the story with the original premise?

What is your point?

Kotah
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
That several magicians have done a Wolfman/Werewolf themed effect. And no one will come after you for using it in an effect like they might for using other story characters like Warner Brothers studios did for using the Harry Potter name.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Well, I got the original idea from Lauren Hughes in the UK who told me of an old legend where the hand was cut off. Basically it was one or two sentences in a PM and I put that to words in story form. I had told her I wanted to do a werewolf paw and a human hand and combine them inot a trick. She told me of a tale she had heard of. The idea may be in public domain or the legend, I had never heard it before but regardless, these words are mine 100% and under copyright. As to werewolf to human effect, I was doing one in the late 1960's, or at least did one, for a special event. I think I wrote that up in the Café some years ago. (?)

Because of the above questions in this thread, I just did a google search and sourced a legend back to 1588 which uses the premise. Fortunately at the top of my story I had written it as a RETELLING...just like there are many versions of Red Riding Hood (my favorite story btw). The idea for the Leather is Kay Tracy's and yes as tipped by Walt in a Buddah Papers configuration.

The story I wrote was written as a companion piece to the PROPS. However, because of it's positive reception I have plans for it and it will eventually be a Prologue to a much longer Novella which moves the story and character into a later time period with some surprising results. Smile

As usual, I write this post to put it into the Record that is the Magic Café.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Wonderful props and a superb story well told.

Congratulations Mr. Higley!
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Woooo! I had no idea I was opening a can of worms with my comments.

It MUST be a great premise if Higley, Solomon, and Parr are all doing versions of it, right?

And sorry I did not mean to tip method, it was more of a suggestion, but looks like magical minds think alike.

Doug is making it easy, with all the props pre-made and carefully crafted.
I can't wait to see how the rest of his version unfolds either.

Magically,
Walt
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Solomon and Parr are quite different so I hear. But all the Santa Clause stories feature the reindeer and North Pole. Smile
J?
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of J?
This is brilliant!! I really want one!! Well done Doug.

I've always wanted something like this!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14

J?
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
So much stuff goes through the filters of the Café...I had certainly forgotten that exchange! Good find J? !

You mention Company Of Wolves...does it it this story in it??? I barely recall having a difficult time staying awake when it first came out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » 'Full Moon Rising' New Higley Prop and Original Story (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL