The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Larger Sized Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
My first purchase from RNT2 with Donnie at the helm were some larger sized balls for my Don Alan chop cups.

I did manage to pick some up a while back but they were not adjustable and I like to fine tune mine for a more natural handling.

Anyway, I have to say that Donnie is doing us proud! The quality is fantastic, they arrived from the USA in 6 days and the price was great!

It's amazing the difference a slightly larger ball makes (especially with the Don type cup), not only looking more in proportion but in terms of visibility and aesthetically.

There are some pics here:
http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com/RNT2-1-......Set.html

Bri
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I bought some white balls of a similar size from Jake when he headed RNT2. I wouldn't consider performing with my Ickle Pickle Widemouth, without a fairly large ball.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

I can imagine that cup looking great with a larger ball, it's a great cup too Alan!

Bri
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The idea of a big white ball was basically Don Alan's. The first Don Alan chop cups from the old Rings and Things came with red balls, which Don didn't like at all. So he got Mike to get some big white ones. When Don performed at trade shows and/or hospitality suites, the audiences were rather large. It required a larger ball, just so everyone could see the ball properly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The original Chop Cup, the bamboo ones, from Chop himself came with BLACK balls.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
I got an RNT2 Don Alan copper chop cup (that's a mouthful) and only got 7/8 because I wasn't sure. After having them for a little while I am going to have to get 1" or 1 3/8" (I might get both...). I think I'll save the smaller ones in case I get a Little Don...
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Bill, I was reading about that, is the story about the hacksaw and the stubby true too?

Pete, I likedthe hessian sack it came with, I think Gary Animal was going to supply similar onesat one point?

Mard, I think you'll really like them. I am now using a little larger balls with my Eric hansen golf ball cup too (though not too large as the final load is smaller.)

Bri
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Larger Sized Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL