The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Aluminum Tubing Connectors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Hi All-

I am building something like a "Spirit Cabinet". Actually a puppet theatre.

This prop needs to troupe. So it needs to come together and knock down quickly. As well, it must break down small to fly.

I would like to (and am) using aluminum tubing for the framework and I am in need of connectors for the aluminum tubing. I am aware of the plastic kind, but do not think they will serve my purposes.

What I seek are the "spring-loaded" types that are permanently connected in one tube and the other end (of the connector) has a "button" that is spring-loaded and depresses to allow the connector to be inserted into the receiving (female) tube. Once inserted - the button pops out into a hole drilled into the wall of the female receiving tube. Locking the tubing together.

I did the usual internet search, but so far have come up empty-handed.

Any suggestions?

They will be greatly appreciated.

I know I can use angle braces and nut and bolt construct, but I would like to have a more elegant solution.

Thanks!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Google "handrail splice" or "handrail connectors" and you should have what you need.

Like this:
http://www.buyrailings.com/lc-catid-205-......ools.htm
calimagician
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of calimagician
Thanks Chance!

They are a bit high priced at $10 per connector. Then again, maybe there is something else on their site for less.

I think there should be some connector out there for say $1 - $2 each.

I would also like to find something local. I am in L.A. and would think I could find such a thing here.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

Michael
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Aluminum Tubing Connectors (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL