The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Trying to remember the name of a trick.. .think it was Tenyo... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markyac
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of markyac
New to the forum...love it and not sure this is the best place for this (and/or whether I can describe exactly what I remember)... but here goes... I used to have a trick (I think it was Tenyo) that had a plastic gimmick about the size of a playing card. The gimmick was built in such a way to house a single card and allow the spectator to see right through it... As I recall it had light gray bars running across the face of the card and at a certain point it appeared that you could see right through it... even though there was a card in it. Ring any bells? Thanks!!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Transpavision. Also known as "Illusionarium". Smile

Another company (that also ( Smile ) makes toys) is MB (Milton Bradley). They had some very good magic tricks known as 'Magic Works'. They had the same trick with the name 'Mysterious Queen'.

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVZtHenNWX8 (Magic Patagonia/Cormatches made the video, I think he shows the MB version (correct me if I'm wrong Smile )
markyac
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of markyac
Awesome -- that's it -- thank you!!!
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
The Magic Works version has a deeper box on the back which I think makes it look suspicious. It's still a great trick and I like that the Magic Works version uses a Queen. But the original Tenyo version is very thin and it looks amazing when the card disappears and then reappears.

David or anyone - have you had both Transpavision and Illusionarium? I'm pretty sure they modified the trick slightly when they changed the name and packaging. The window locks on mine (Transpavision). I had a sealed Illusionarium and I noticed that the window slid back and forth freely. Is that right?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Hi Mark

I have ILLUSIONARIUM. I have, a few minutes ago, performed the trick for my very good friend in the mirror and it does seem to have some kind of locking mechanism (without me knowing it, to be honest! - read further).

Afterward I took my genuine ILLUSIONARIUM manual and, when performing 'step 9/10', it says '...hold the panel in the up position with the left first finger' ... .

So ... my Illusionarium doesn't require me to hold the panel 'up' ..., unlike the manual says to do it. Perhaps I am 'lucky' it works for me, without holding the frame up ... Smile

David
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I think my post was confusing. What I mean is the window that reveals the card in the case when in normal position - the window that is moved with the little sliding button. Does the sliding button lock on yours or does it move fairly freely?
markyac
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of markyac
I'm confused whether or not it would be better to have the locking mechanism (Traspavision) or not? Which do people feel is the better design?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Mark, I now know what you mean; it has no locking mechanism: it moves freely. A locking mechanism would be helpfull however, as now it sometimes just doesn't feel completely 'in position' as you probably know what I mean.
Also, the MB version (Mysterious Queen) has a 'deeper' case, so it is more angle proof, however, as said, it looks more suspicious.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Definitely look for Transpavision. That lock does help.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
All of my "Illusionaria" (which might be the plural) need you to hold the frame up yourself so I think your copy, Tweety, is really something special... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
/wrong post/
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Perhaps a moderator can delete the post above?

Sounds like it, Nicolino, although it only remains up when pulled up 'all the way' ... Smile
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I found this post at http://michelmagie.chez.com/T-157.htm and it was translated from french by google:
Note: For the collection "Magic works, the company Hasbro Canada Inc.. edited this trick under the name "MYSTERIOUS QUEEN" in 1995. In this version, a box was added behind the frame, allowing a child to make the turn (his hand too early would not have helped hide a certain element ...).
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 12:23, Killertweety wrote:
Transpavision. Also known as "Illusionarium". Smile

Another company (that also ( Smile ) makes toys) is MB (Milton Bradley). They had some very good magic tricks known as 'Magic Works'. They had the same trick with the name 'Mysterious Queen'.

Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVZtHenNWX8 (Magic Patagonia/Cormatches made the video, I think he shows the MB version (correct me if I'm wrong Smile )

you are right killertweety...the video is for the MB version...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Trying to remember the name of a trick.. .think it was Tenyo... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL