The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Looking for some direction » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Son of Cards By
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
9 Posts

Profile of Son of Cards By
When my father (Neil Lester aka Cards by Martin) passed away in Sept he left me with a lot of "stuff". A practicing stage magician from the 40's to... whenever, maker extrordinaire of the gaffed cards, once owned a magic shop and a collector of... you name it.

I have had some of his friends come out and help me identify some of the stuff and categorize it to some extent, but there are a few things I still need info on and probably a fair amount of stuff that the members of this forum might be interested in.

I see that there is a "Let's Make a Magic Deal" forum, but I can't seem to find it. Could some of you suggest a viable way for me to put some of his more interesting items to the group to help me identify and/or sell some of his magic and supplies?
Curtis Martin
Curtis Martin
Son of "Cards By Martin"
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Curtis, first you must have 50 posts to gain access to the let's make a deal forum but even with the access, you could only sell items, not look for help in identification.

To help identify some of the items, you could make your post in "gaffed and funky". I'm sure you've thought of this but you might want to contact Marti Martini who's a member of the Café and most likely can identify everything you have.
Where the magic begins
Son of Cards By
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
9 Posts

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate the insight. I had actually spoken to Marti just after Neil passed and I had forgotten about him. The reminder is tremendously helpful.
Curtis
Curtis Martin
Son of "Cards By Martin"
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
I didn't know Neil had passed away last year! This is sad news. He made a couple gaffed cards for me a few years ago. He always had quality workmanship and was very talented at making gaffs.
Son of Cards By
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
9 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Hoodrat. Neil was one of a kind and there's no one I'd rather see end up with his prized bits of magic and collectibles than his friends and fellow magicians.
Curtis Martin
Son of "Cards By Martin"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Looking for some direction » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL