The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A happy post about snow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
There was no accumulation which made it happy for me, but while waiting for the bus to go to work I had a snowflake hit my glove.

In RI snow is usually several (dozen? hundred?) flakes clumped together in a mass, but this was one perfect good sized single crystal sitting on my glove.

I watched it until it melted. It was a beautiful thing (to quote Penn).
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Apparently I spoke too quickly about the accumulation because a big 'un is coming our way this morning. *sigh*

I hate snow. But then, I hate New England too so it all goes hand in hand.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
The snow gets deeper, and my dog, Belladona, loves it.
She's a Siberian Husky / Shetland Collie mix (looking like a small wolf with blue eyes); she rolls and wiggles in the snow happily.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I guess snow brings out the worse in some:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-bea......112.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2010-02-07 12:14, ed rhodes wrote:
There was no accumulation which made it happy for me, but while waiting for the bus to go to work I had a snowflake hit my glove.

Did you call out for inclement weather?

(JK...couldn't resist)
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ed
If you don't make it in on time Sam Walton will roll over in his grave.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Incidently, I went in during the "nor-easter," I was one of the few. (I figured being semi-comatose for two days doesn't get me excused, life-threatening weather isn't going to mean doodily-squat!)
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Lol good man! again, I was just busting stones!

Many times I Work from Home with the day job if there is "inclement weather" as I live 63 or so miles from my office. One year, about 7 or so years ago when I was a consultant and not an employee yet I remember how myself and another guy from my area car pooled in during a horrific snow storm and this guy across the river (less than 5 miles, and he had a 4WD truck) stayed home. Lol When his boss saw us come in he called the guy up and told him to drag it in.

Good stuff.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I was working at Art-Mold which had an automated system which you were supposed to call to see if the company would be open on "snow days." They changed numbers and I didn't get the memo. So on a day when it was snowing, I called the old number and got the message that the office was open. I went in and found no one but one manager who told me I'd called the wrong number and I should go home. It took me four hours to make a one hour run home!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ed! You did the Bunny Ranch key rings didn't you?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I did indeed! I wish I'd been able to keep one of those.
We also did luggage tags for the S.A.M. once.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A happy post about snow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL