The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Feher's New "Somethin Nothin" Video! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 04:50, Lawrence O wrote:

Finally I would disagree with some of my friends here on one point. They think that it's quick enough. I would say that it's long enough. Not to be just a quickie. It's a real short complete routine. The modern taste of magicians for too short tricks do betray their fear from being caught. Hence they try to jump in and get out as fast as possible. Less exposure time reassure them: they fail to feel the audience's frustration. Tim's routine is actually perfect in duration time: it's not frustrating like one of the often seen quick trick that, by the time we understand what it is about, it's over. It's not either a complete act that unfolds with spectators getting deeply in but next to which we cannot put up with anything before and anything after.

Lawrence,

I actually commented about the length to Tim right after I viewed the video for the first time. I basically said what you did: that the video seemed very short but was really the perfect length for this routine.

Then before I sent my comments off I decided to certify that comment by checking the lengths of his other videos (I have all of Tim's video's; such great teaching at such a great price!!). I was surprised to see that Somethin Nothin is actually Tim's longest routine. Here's the running times:

One Coin 2.0: 0:59
3s a Charm: 1:17
Mystery Box: 1:09
Okito1-2-3: (No separate demo)
Somethin Nothin: 1:21

Now I must say that the video production of Somthin Nothin is much higher quality than the others but it also has a longer lead-in title sequence, so in reality the actual "coin magic" part is probably about the same as the other videos. So while this video might seem at first to be Tim's shortest, it is really about the same. Just goes to show that good things seem to pass all too quickly!! Smile

Jim
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I don't know, I find Tim's work just right. I never think about how long a video is as much as I think about at what point do I understand what has been taught and does it explain clearly. Mileage may vary with some but for me Tim always gives you tremendous productions and educational caring.

To me, when you juxtaposition what you get in comparison to other methods of learning out there, all things considered what Tim does is just as well done to my eye and many times better.

Not sure I would want too much meandering explanation on things and I guess that's why I appreciate Tim's thorough preciseness, and he is always thorough. Not to mention that anything that escapes even the most meticulous scrutiny here, Tim will immediately set straight if you ask and happily at that. Smile

I look around at effects and marvel many times at what people ask for them and most of them can't hold a candle to TIm's offerings in balanced analysis. So I always feel that you get way more with his effects as to value. Sorta like getting a brand new car but you may not like the ash trays or think perhaps it should be going a bit faster at 70mph when it's going about right, or something like that. Smile Anyway, I appreciate all the in-depth discussion as to these works. It's a good thing. Smile

Have a great day all. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Etienne,
I would love to read your updated version. I know you took it to a whole different level then I, and you added a real nice production at the end.

Jim
Short and sweet, that's how I roll....lol My whole act is done in less then 5 min.....lol(JJ)
Okito 123 has a demo with it now, When I first put that download up it was missing, you must of gotten it during that time. Sorry about that. If you need one I can send it over. Let me know.

MB
Thanks for the kind words my friend ! The same can be said about you.
Keep doing what your doing.

Thanks to everyone that has supported my magic through the years. I hope it has helped you in your magic journey.

My door is always open.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Okay, so I'm a little late Tim..... My bad! Smile

I kinda wanted to let the idol worship in the coin section die down some before bringing up "Timbo The Feher" most recent offering!

Tim sent this little gem to me a month or so ago and the first thing I thought was that I'd seen before.... Well it WAS something I'd seen before! It was some of early coin work of Tim's that I'd seen that lead me to want the guy as a friend and on-line mentor! I liked it then and like it even more today!

Tim has added a few new touches to this version and now offered it to us!

There's just not that much more I can say that hasn't already been said in this thread! IMO this is another of Tim's offerings that should appeal to most everyone from novice to working Pro!

Sweet routine that will captivate an audience. Excellent instruction with some cool finesse on sleights that you should know if you've been into coin magic for even a short amount of time. AND, as per usual, that after purchase help and support at a VERY reasonable price! Hmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a hellava bargain to me!

Honestly I don't do much coin work these days but the few coin effects that I do, have all come from La Famiglia!

Take a good look at this, if you think you might like it, buy it but PLEASE give it the practice and dedication it deserves before showing even your friends and family! Done well, it'll entertain and even fry your audience but done poorly due to lack of polish and it just becomes more of the same crapola that plagues our fraternity already!

Good stuff Tim, another winner in my book!

MMc
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Mick,
Thanks a bunch for the support, it's never to late to hear from you. Especially if it's good stuff....lol Til next time,
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Like Mickey, I got to this one late! Good work Tim. Love your style! There's a lot to be learned about how you go about your gestures and mannerisms. I will be ordering this too.

I recommend that those who are new to Tim's work to check out his One Coin routine, and to study it in depth. I'm studying it as I speak Smile

evikshin
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Evikshin
Thanks for the high recommendation ! Glad you like what I have to offer, While I don't have a lot out just yet, hopefully people will see I offer more then just how to do something.
My door is always open if you need anything. That goes for anyone for that matter.
Thanks again,
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
[quote]On 2010-02-27 11:39, feher wrote:
My door is always open if you need anything. That goes for anyone for that matter.
Thanks again,
Tim

Its nice to see follow through and be reachable after the sale. In todays fast paced world,once a sale is made,we often become a memory of the past. We have all experienced it.Not with Tim. He is available and he will assist if and when needed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Tim Feher's New "Somethin Nothin" Video! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL