The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Miser's Dream Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jmdibrita
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of jmdibrita
If one was looking to learn about the miser's dream which DVD would be the best to pick up, especilly if beingg performed for kid's. I have heard about Chris Capehart and Levent's DVDs. Just wondering if there are other suggestions.

Thanks,

JOhn
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Levent 3 dvd set on the misers dream will give you all the information you could ever want.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
IMHO, the Levent DVD's are the finest thing out there.

And....the Al Flosso clip on Youtube is excellent. Although it would be foolish and impossible to imitate Flosso, there is something to be learned from watching him.
wbzwolinski
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of wbzwolinski
Chris Capehart and Levent's DVDs are the way to go. The Misers Dream is my favorite effect and I love performing it. Levent will give you everything that you could ever want to know about doing the effect. His DVDs on the subject include history, different methods, types of pails, etc.
Chris Capehart's DVD on the effect is also very good if not as in depth. He explains his method of performing the Misers Dream (which is the same method that I have been using since I began doing the effect as a young magician). Even though we perform it the same way, I learned several things from his DVD. Just watching his performance and interaction with a fairly large group of kids is an education.
I have all of Chris's DVDs and recommend them all.

Well, I don't know if this helps...I do recommend them both. If it helps...Chris's method is ungimmicked, which is the one that I prefer. I don't know if that is the way you prefer to perform the effect. On the other hand Levent will show you ungimmicked methods as well the full reign of gimmicked methods.
Hope this helped. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.
Wolly
Keep it Simple...Play it BIG!!!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I don't know how much more you could ask for. Bobo's Moder Coin Magic has some good routines in it that may spur some thoughts that the dvd's do not.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
I am with Richard!

Not much too the misers dream when you think about it. If you can thumb palm and chew gum at the same time - you pretty much got it! The rest is up to you and your ability to present it - it is not a bad idea to be as amazed as the audience that you are pulling coins out of the air.

Bobo's book is consider the Bible of Coin magic - you will get more than your monies worth and a whole lot more!

If you are hellbent on dvd instead of reading, then I am sorry for you. lol
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I have Chris Capehart's DVD, and saw him do several lectures on the topic. It is an excellent DVD, and worthy of purchase to learn audience interactions with the miser's dream.

I learned a more complex move in the 60's from Tarbell's Volume 1. using the downs Palm. I have taught four methods. The downs palm, the simple slide, a modified french drop (one handed), and flesh color tape on the coin (simple to hold and drop).

Jeff McBride has a DVD on coin magic which he discusses the Miser's Dream and how to present it like plucking a coin out of the air.

All these are good. I added Levent's DVD to my future purchase list because I've heard great reviews about it..

Here's an older post which I give my routine for those interested in the Miser's Dream See topic: Miser's dream
Dennis Michael
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Lots of good stuff here on the Café.

A few months ago, I just got a coffee can and some coins and started playing.

Even if you do go with someone like Capehart, McBride or Levent, please adapt, add and make it yours.

My wife, who over the years has seen a lot of my close up coin work, gave me the two thumb palms up! (of course there are a lot of other tools you can use for this routine/sleights, sounds, gags-try to add some of your own, ..)

As a working musician told me, have more Schtick than Lick.

Be safe, well and creative.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Miser's Dream Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL