The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Shawn Farquhar is lecturing in San Francisco (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Pon
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Joe Pon
World-Champion Magician, SHAWN FARQUHAR is coming to San Francisco!
"The Bread & Butter Lecture"

Thursday, March 11, 2010
7:30 p.m. – Doors open at 7:00 p.m.
Miraloma Park Improvement Club
350 O'Shaughnessy Boulevard
San Francisco. California
Free Parking
Advance Purchase - By Friday, March 5th
$ 25.00 Misdirections Magic Club Members before Friday, March 5th
$ 30.00 Non-Members before Friday, March 5th
At the Door - $ 35.00 General Admission
Contact Misdirections Magic Shop for more information.
(415) 566-2180
http://www.misdirections.com

"As seen on The Ellen DeGeneres Show & the Current 2-Time World FISM Champion"
Shawn Farquhar has been entertaining audiences around the globe for over two decades. His magic has been seen on Television shows like the X-Files and Highlander, in motion pictures like Spooky House and the Fly II, for corporate clients like IBM and Konica, and on the most luxurious cruise vessels such as Norwegian Star and Radiance of the Seas. He has been a keynote speaker/lecturer for the world’s best magic events including London’s famed Magic Circle, Siegfried and Roy’s World Magic Seminar and the world’s largest magic convention in Blackpool, England. Shawn offers a fast paced, audience participation experience that will draw everyone into an evening of entertainment you will not soon forget. Besides being the current 2-time World FISM Champion of Magic, The Canadian Association of Magicians awarded Shawn the MAGICIAN OF THE YEAR, the Pacific Coast Association of Magicians awarded him the GRAND PRIX D'HONNEUR and the International Brotherhood of Magicians awarded him both STAGE MAGICIAN and SLEIGHT OF HAND MAGICIAN OF THE YEAR, making him the ONLY magician in history to win BOTH world championships!

Shawn’s lecture will teach you first and foremost how to be a better magician and how to begin to create your own original magic. You will of course also learn many of Shawn’s signature routines including MatriXpress, the fastest coin assembly ever; Photo Finish, a transposition with a twist; Torn 2 Pieces, (one of the effects he recently performed live for Ellen DeGeneres on her hit TV show) the torn and almost restored photo; MagiCd, magic for the digital age; Tagged, a magic effect with a laugh; Signed card to wallet, too easy and yet deceptive; Blown away, a visual card effect; and the Deck Switch, the work behind the scenes, plus much, much more!
“He's the magic equivalent of one of the seven great wonders of the world. Once you have seen him, you'll never forget Shawn Farquhar." - Magic Seen Magazine
“Shawn is the Winona Rider of magic, except all he's really stealing is our laughter.”- Bob Kohler
“Farquhar takes no prisoners, riding in the front seat of his own roller-coaster.” - Jon Racherbaumer
“I must say Shawn Farquhar heads my list of the highest Entertainer Evaluation Reports from Cruise Directors. Needless to say, he is also the highest paid.” - Ron Wilson
“He is, quite simply, the finest example I know of what a magician can be, should be and is." - Murray Hatfield
Shawn will be in San Francisco for One Night Only so do not miss your opportunity to study from a True Working Professional and World Champion!

Now and at the Hour by Christian Cagigal. A journey through Time and Reflection.
EXIT Stage Left FRI/SAT 8pm FEBRUARY 12 - MARCH 6
Tickets $15("I Need a Discount Ticket"), $20("General Admission) and $25("I Support the Arts Ticket") online.
EXIT Theatre, 156 Eddy Street, San Francisco,s
Not a mere series of tricks, Now and at the Hour weaves magic, mind reading, story telling and theatre into an intimate, interactive and altogether "slightly creepy" magical experience. Christian Cagigal is among a new crop of illusionists and theatre artists that dares to go beyond the usual bag of tricks and bring you into a world of darkness, mystery and imagination. His work doesn't attempt to "Blow your brain" or "Freak your mind", but slowly seep into your subconscious until you have to ask the question, "This isn't real is it…?"
Comments on previous shows by Christian Cagigal:
"The appearance of occult powers was strong enough to leave me feeling unsettled and slightly violated for the rest of the evening."
- SF Weekly
"His antics bespeak a certain creepiness albeit the kind that sends alternating shivers of delight and anxiety through the crowd."
-SF Station
"Style, dignity, and true artistry. Now, and at the Hour is a unique and genuine theatrical experience that should not be missed."
-NY Theatre.com
Asked who the show is geared for, Cagigal replies, "It's for believers, skeptics, those who hate magic shows, and those who hate theatre. There is nothing inappropriate for children at all but this will not be a 'kids'' magic show."

MAGIC WITH THE SYMPHONY - Urs Leonhardt Steiner's SF Sinfonietta & Magician Jay Alexander 2010
Sunday, March 14th, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Herbst Theatre
401 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA
THE SAN FRANCISCO SINFONIETTA PRESENTS
MAGIC WITH THE SYMPHONY
A FAMILY CONCERT MELDING THE ILLUSIONS OF MASTER MAGICIAN JAY ALEXANDER AND THE SAN FRANCISCO SINFONIETTA UNDER MAESTRO URS LEONHARDT STEINER
JOHN ORLANDO, PIANIST
MICHELLE RIVARD, SOPRANO
KITTINANT CHINSAMRAN, BASS-BARITONE

The San Francisco Ghost Hunt
Meet real ghosts from wild and romantic times gone by. You will enjoy nearly three hours of guaranteed unearthly fun! The Ghost Hunt is delighted to introduce you to San Francisco's most notorious ghosts at 7:00 pm six evenings a week, closed Tuesdays. Call 415-922-5590 to confirm.
$20 person.
**** Misdirections Magic Club 25% off
415-922-5590
http://www.sfghosthunt.com
The San Francisco Ghost Hunt take place year around, in every weather, in a beautiful historic neighborhood in the comfortable Pacific Heights district. The one mile walking tour is in a quiet residential area surrounding a vast well kept park. The locality is free of the usual urban unpleasantness, there is even no business traffic. The Ghost Hunt shows a very local side of San Francisco many have been dying to see. There is one modrate hill, the pace is easy and the views are spectacular. You will enjoy nearly three hours of guaranteed unearthly fun
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
I just saw this lecture in Vegas, two words, "SEE IT" for me this was the best lecture at the WMS and I have just got home in England,
thanks for sharing Shawn.

Darren
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Agreed I saw Shawn Lecture and If I could I'd see him again. I am still thinking and working out ideas garnered at his lecture.
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Shawn Farquhar is lecturing in San Francisco (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL