The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Prom Balloons and Flowers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JC Johns
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD, USA
133 Posts

Profile of JC Johns
I have been hired to make balloons during a prom in a couple months. The prom has a circus theme, so it should be interesting.

I am fairly proficient at making a decent number of things (love the Bad to the Balloons DVDs), but would like to learn how to make some balloon corsages and boutonnieres. While some of the kids might want a big balloon hat (or whatever), I assume some might desire something a little more reserved (since they will be all dressed up).

I have looked on Balloon HQ for some ideas and got a few ideas from there. Does anyone know of a book/DVD or other learning source of where I could learn to make fairly small and quick balloon flowers/decorations that I could then incorporate into a bracelet etc.

Thanks
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
Look at the work of Addi Somekh. You can find him on youtube and all his videos are fun and interesting. His main work is in abstract hats that can look super classy but there is also some flower stuff you can work with.

Hope this helped,
Dylan
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Also get the video called "Buy This DVD" its all about flowers and sold at most balloon stores.
JC Johns
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD, USA
133 Posts

Profile of JC Johns
Juliegel, thanks for the heads up about Addi Somekh. I had not heard of him before and like the abstract stuff he has on YouTube. I messed around with some of his ideas and like the free form designs I ended up with. The wife liked the creations as well (and she is getting harder to impress).

Kevinr, I was contemplating getting Buy This DVD, I think I just might.

Thanks, J.C.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Check out some of Mark Byrne abstract pictures that he does at night clubs. He has some cool abstract stuff.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2010-03-30 01:57, Kevinr wrote:
Check out some of Mark Byrne abstract pictures that he does at night clubs. He has some cool abstract stuff.

SSSSSHHHHHHHH don't tell everyone!!! Now they are all going to go to my FaceBook page and check this stuff out. Mark Byrne Tampa Bay or Mark the Balloon Guy Fan page.

I thought I posted this before.... DiamondStorm.com Ed Chee's flower DVD is unbelievable. I love the rose with the straw for a stem. 260 and 160 and it looks real!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
JC Johns
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD, USA
133 Posts

Profile of JC Johns
Quote:
On 2010-04-03 04:40, Bad to the Balloon wrote:

SSSSSHHHHHHHH don't tell everyone!!! Now they are all going to go to my FaceBook page and check this stuff out. Mark Byrne Tampa Bay or Mark the Balloon Guy Fan page.

Despite my desire to stay away from FaceBook I'm now being sucked into it, looking at photos, and thinking of joining...I'm so disappointed in myself.

The Ed Chee DVD is on the way.
Fizz
View Profile
New user
Central Texas
2 Posts

Profile of Fizz
I see I'm about a year to the day late on asking this question... but:

Are there any quick Ed Chee flower designs on the DVD?

Just the rose, what about the others?

I'm looking around for a few other flowers than the basic two balloon flower variations.
Alex Rapattoni
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, Wa
229 Posts

Profile of Alex Rapattoni
Fizz,
I don't know if you have bought this DVD yet, but you bringing this topic back to life made me buy the DVD. Most of the flowers on Flower Power are quick enough for restaurant work. They may take a little while to get down, but like anything else, they are worth it. The fact that you can make someone their favorite flower, or just a real looking flower goes a long way.

Imagine asking for a balloon flower and being asked if you want a daisy, a rose, an iris, or a hibiscus. I made three flowers from this DVD at one table and got a 20 dollar tip.

Totally worth it.

-Alex
Weird is part of the job.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Prom Balloons and Flowers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL