The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic coins life span? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I see so many magnetic coin effects now, like coin unique, clone coin, split coin, super coin, super triple coins, magnetic copper silver, magnetic flippers, magnetic s***ls and more. I have not bought any yet. I have the concern that the magnetic effect will diminish over time. Is this true, or are my fears unfounded?
Kelvin
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Yes, magnets lose power about less than 1% every ten years and worse under extreme conditions like heat, radiation, etc.

You probably have nothing to worry about! Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I always heard that you could prolong the life of a magnet by attaching a "keeper" to it, which is just a non-magnetized steel object. So for example, if you have a horseshoe magnet, you would just put a small steel bar across the two tips.

I'm not quite sure how you would apply this to a magnetic coin, but I would guess that a steel washer might do the trick. Maybe some physics folks could chime in here. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I know that Paul Diamond gives excellent advice on just this. It is on the old VHS Videonics series still available if you look around online:
"v76 Paul Diamond - Hoo's Coin Box - Vol. 2 - New Magnetic Copper/Silver"

Not to mention, he gives some excellent routines, moves and insight to the magnetic copper/silver effect.

Mike
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Mags don't die, and they rarely if ever loose their attraction. It hardly diminishes.
It would take hundreds of your lifetimes for any magnet you have to loose their
power of attraction.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Under nomal conditions a magnet will keep its strength
longer than you will be around.now dropping one on a hard surface.
is what to worry to about.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic coins life span? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL