The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » A Month with Captain Visual Blog Now Complete (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I finished each figure in Captain Visual's Big Book of Balloon Art in my blog. I posted the last entry this afternoon with the summary of what I learned from following it as a new twister. If anyone is interested, it's all here at airweaver.wordpress.com
Juliegel
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Juliegel
I did like the blog and read through it every few days. Nice work and a certain amount of dedication must have gone into putting this together.

If you still needed to know there is a reason why 2 pinch twists will really not work as well as a double pinch twist. If you consider that 2 pinch twists is really just 2 individual bubbles you can see that the popped section is only affecting one of the bubbles directly. You have twisted the balloon in 2 different places. Now if you twisted a pinch twist in half you are not only twisting the bubble but the twist you made to make that bubble in the first place. You are making a twist in a twist and that is way stronger. Kind of a divided we fall type of thing. If any of that made sense then I am surprised.

As always,
Dylan
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
It did indeed make sense Dylan, and that's exactly what I finally discovered.
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
That is a very nice blog and I get the feel of who you are from it (and that is a good thing). Thank you for sharing.

My sister lost her job and will be starting in twisting balloons. I will be sending her the Captain Visual book and the link to your blog as one of the places for her to start.

I look forward to hearing of your continuing growth in balloons.
FuDD
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson, Az.
150 Posts

Profile of FuDD
Thanks for this man. I enjoyed reading about your adventures. What a great thing and to have the author following along .... how cool!!!!
may you be filled with loving kindness
http://www.williamsmagic.com
http://www.celebratemagic.com
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I just lent out my copy of the book to a girl from church who got a hand pump and a bag of balloons after I started doing them so much. She'll be a pro within a year.
Amiable
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Amiable
This is great to read. I've always thought Captain Visual wrote one of the best balloon books.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » A Month with Captain Visual Blog Now Complete (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL