The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Add A Number Pad? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hood
View Profile
Veteran user
328 Posts

Profile of Hood
I have looked at many threads on this topic but still back and forth. As of now using dangle book but thinking or switching to either Jerry O'connel Pad already use his wallet and like it or Basil Horwitz pad. Few questions I have when closing the Horwitz pad can you feel the mechanism locking? On O'connel pad do you have to tear sheet out before they add the 3 numbers. Any thoughts?
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I'd suggest trying E. Raymond Carlyle's pad (as demonstrated on his DVD) It's not gimmicked (per se), and everyone can re-verify their own numbers after the addition. Very clever.
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi Hood,
Reference jery O'Connell's pad, I haven't got one but he showed me how it works. It's very clever. You do not have to tear sheet out before they add the 3 numbers. Why not email him and talk to him about it? He is a very obliging person.

Mike
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
In my lecture I do my own "Add a Number-Hate a number" routine. In short: I write something down on an A4 piece of paper and lay it face down back on the table. Next, On a single blank visiting card three people write three figure numbers one underneath the other. The card is reversed and signed by a spectator as proof that it is the same card they wrote the three sets of numbers upon. A spectator is invited to check my arithmatic so the total of the three numbers added together is varified by him as correct.Next, the helper is rquested to develop a "Hate" for any one of the four numbers making the total and cross this very number out. For argument sake say the total arrived at is 1234 and he crossed out the number 4.
I now recap what had taken place and remind them that before we started I wrote something down and put it face down on the table.
I now pick it up and turn it to face the audience. What they can see is that not only that I have predicted the total correct (1234) I also crossed out the figure 4 being the number that the helper developed a "hate" for and crossed off.
If you are interested in buying the routine and method PM me and I will email it to you. The cost is £17. and you can paypal me the payment.
Cheers
Roni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Add A Number Pad? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL