The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Busy Times (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
When do your Birthday party's start to pick up and when do you slow down?
Thanks
Just trying to plan my year even though I know it will be different for a lot of people.
Just trying to get a round about Idea

Thanks
Don
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
My year is fairly steady when it comes to birthdays. The only downtime is December (i don't except any weekend birthdays at that time of year) and the beginning of January. Otherwise it is fairly steady. There is always slow weekends but there is no way to plan for this.

When kids go back to school there is also a couple week slow down I find. People will usually bump up the birthday to the end of summer or bump it back till school has been in session a couple weeks.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Don
From January to March the work is slow, except for cub scout banquets, and the rest of the year it is pretty steady. The econemy is recovering and I expect to do better in 2010 than I did in 2009.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
It varies, but October through December are typically good months, as are March to June. Summer varies, last summer was way off. I think it was a combination of the economy, plus relentless heat, plus decreased traffic from my Yellow Page ad and I hadn't got my site Googling well yet. I'm showing up better in Google searches now and that's helping. If I can get some video on there I think that will be a big plus. I've had more repeat bookings this last year too, which is always a good indication that I'm doing something right. I've had some good January's but that's the exception. I'd say Autumn through Christmas are steadily the best.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. You were asking specifically about Birthday parties.. September and October are good and March through June are usually good. I honestly think the heat in July and August send a lot of parties to the pizza places.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks
This is my first year and would LOVE to get to at least 2 party's a week-end steady.

I'm in Parents magazines and word of mouth, doing free shows in Pre-schools to pass out my contact..Any suggestions would be appreciated

Don
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
One of the nice things about the birthday market is that it is very steady. Think about it, babies generally don't know whether its a good or bad time to be born. I notice a shift to weekday parties in the summertime which works out very well because there are so many other venues to work on summer weekends. I can also usually count on birthday parties the week before and after Christmas, although holiday weekends bookings generally less frequent.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
My off months are in January and February, then comes November. Those are my slowest times of the year. And it will vary from State to State and Country to Country. But here in Michigan those are the slowest times for most of us. Now I take the time in January and February to re-fine my School and Library shows for the rest of the year.

RJ
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
August is usually my slowest month. Lots of families are away on vacation or they decide to do outdoor parties that don't involve entertainment.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
There should be no high or low seasons for Birthday parties, other than the established trends of higher birth rates in certain months. As I've said here many times before, get yourself a great show, keep up with the times, and you'll be working as much as you want.
Birthday parties are an almost guaranteed source of income. But you really must make sure that your Birthday Party shows are excellent, to ensure plenty of word-of-mouth recommendations and repeat bookings.
Potty Smile
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks for the encouragement guys and thanks Potty.
I feel I have a great show, just need to get more people to see it!!

Don
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Busy Times (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL