The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What to cover painting with? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Excuse my ignorance on this kind of thing as I didn't come from standard magic as most mentalists do. lol

I have an 11" x 12" painting (which is actually a thin print, no frame) which I come out holding on stage but I need it covered with some kind of cloth that is a golden yellow color. I don't want it to look cheap or cheesy, but at the same time it's not anything special.

It needs to be able to cover the painting while in my hands, not blow off when I walk, etc. But not too big. Any suggestions?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Brown paper wrap...

like its been shipped.

J
xxx
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Toilet paper you painted in gold
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Can you just turn it around?
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2010-04-08 19:18, the Sponge wrote:
Can you just turn it around?

voted as best answer !!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Any fabric shop has what you need.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2010-04-08 18:39, Jonathan wrote:
Excuse my ignorance on this kind of thing as I didn't come from standard magic as most mentalists do. lol

interesting !!

then this post was made by your twin brother:

Quote:
On 2001-12-11 12:17, Jonathan wrote:
I am a mentalist who does some magic also, but I am strictly a close-up one.

Jonathan Grant
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Hi

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for this.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Yes, I ventured a little into magic after I started into mentalism (not the other way around). But, it wasn't really "magic" but more "mental magic". Why are you reading old posts of me from a decade ago? lol Weird.

I can't turn it around because there is a picture on both sides (wink). And the color is also important, so it can't be a brown paper bag (plus that wouldn't look too professional in my opinion).

Also, it looks very interesting coming out on stage with something under a cover like that...really intriguing and makes the audience (hopefully) wonder what's going to happen.

I'm surprised this is that hard of a thing to come up with. You'd think it'd be simple. lol Any ideas?
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
A Golden Yellow or Manila Envelope.

Inside a Artist sketch book.

Is this a Joke?

k
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Look for a decorative pillow cover, the type with a zipper, used by some for an altar cloth. 12 X 12 should be an easy size to find. import store, or online Wiccan supply.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2010-04-08 23:24, StPaulMagician222 wrote:
Is this a Joke?

k

seem so !!

or a rather weird question perhaps ??
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Quote:
On 2010-04-08 18:39, Jonathan wrote:

I have an 11" x 12" painting (which is actually a thin print, no frame) which I come out holding on stage but I need it covered with some kind of cloth that is a golden yellow color. I don't want it to look cheap or cheesy, but at the same time it's not anything special.

It needs to be able to cover the painting while in my hands, not blow off when I walk, etc. But not too big. Any suggestions?

I have found that the best place for cloth is a cloth store...also called yardage or "yard goods." Unless you're living in the Gobi Desert you probably have half a dozen within five miles of your house. Your mother may know of these places.

And speaking of something that is yellow, you'll probably find those stores, their phone numbers and addresses, listed in a telephone directory that has yellow pages. In many areas it's called The Yellow Pages. Fancy that.

You'll get there by driving in your car, that thing in your garage that has four wheels and makes a funny sound when you turn the key if you've remembered to put gas in the tank. You'll also find gas stations listed in the Yellow Pages, too.

Any other questions? We're all here to help you Jonathan.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-04-09 00:00, David Alexander wrote:

Any other questions? We're all here to help you Jonathan.

Truer words were never spoken!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
caycemindreader
View Profile
Regular user
UK
107 Posts

Profile of caycemindreader
"I need it covered with some kind of cloth that is a golden yellow color"

My recommendation would be golden yellow cloth.

Yes. I'm a genius.
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Lol obviously I can get a cloth. But if there was a way to get one without having to sew it (which I have zero skills at) that would be preferable. I assume that such a cloth would have been used a lot in magic acts and thus would be readily available as opposed to having it custom made. Silly me!

Seems simple, I know. But there is more to it than first meets the eye.

No need to be condescending, guys.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
If you get a knit fabric, you can cut it without needing to hem it. Knit also doesn't wrinkle.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Buy the cloth you like, take it to a seamstress...pay her to sow it for you, wont cost much...

there..simple...

I'd still go with the brown paper thing though, like its been given to you as a gift or something...or bought out of a shop or something...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What to cover painting with? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL