The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Morning tonic, anybody?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
Happy Birthday!

I use a liquid vitamin supplement which contains concentrated quantities of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids. I figure the best way to stay healthy is to give the body more of the nutrients it uses to maintain and repair itself. I use a 1.5 oz shot of the stuff every morning. Tastes good too.

Additional nutrients that may not be supplied by diet alone, may have the invigorating & health promoting effect you are seeking from a tonic.

Proper nutrients and sufficient exercise tends to promote health in almost all cases.

Here's to your health, may you be healthy and happy for another 55 years!

Metatron Smile
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
What doctor recomended that concoction? I have diabetese, I have had open heart surgery, but my doctors never recomended a witches brew like that to insure good health. I take both vitimins, and prevenitive medication, to insure longivity.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Doug
I was 55 years old when I first started experiencing my health issues, and my recomendation to you is to get an anual physical. Have you had a colonoscopy yet? In order for you to be considered in good health you need your cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar under controle. That tonic that you drink has nothing to do with your actual health. It is cool to come up with home made remedies, but please include a doctors consultation. A doctors care is the best way for you to live to be 90 years old.

That my friend is my birthday present to you
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Happy Birthday Doug!

My tonic consists of coke, peanutbutter crackers and 2 egg McMuffins with hashbrowns, or whatever is left in the fridge from last night. I usually go through a six pack of cokes in a day.

And the good news... I'm type 1 diabetic, been that way my entire life. But my doctor calls me an enigma as I find it hard to function at a blood sugar <200. My cholosterol is 118, my blood pressure is normal, kidneys and liver are perfect, and in spite of smoking a pack and half a day since I was 15 until I was 32 (47 now) my lungs are spotless and I have the heart and lungs of a 15 year old. My doctor last told me, "Mulder and Scully must have a file on you."

All this means, I'll probably drop dead with a massive something or another.

Rock Steady, Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Peace, brother!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Drednought
How is your circulation, I mean spacifically how are your feet? How are your kidneys? How is your vision, do you see little black spots? At 47 years old you are still a young man, but I'm afraid that your real problems are just about to begin. I'm sure your doctor has given you these warnings, and I wish you a long and prosperous life.

I too was a teen aged smoker (back when smoking was cool)
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I am far sighted but I have always had that. Circulation is great. kidneys and liver are good to go. No, black spots. But I do drink my fair share of water, but no mor that usual. I have always had to drink water since I was young. I'm a superhero... just can't find the keys to Batmobile sometimes.... nor my wallet.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
A disappointing amount of good health is attributable to good luck.

John (49, myopic, arthritic and a little overweight, but otherwise in excellent health)
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
A lot of it has to do with your genetic bodily constitution. I'm convinced of that. Some folks, like my grandfather who lived to 103 or 105) can get away with more. (And he got away with a lot!)

Others simply can't.

On the other hand, my grandfather had a diet HEAVY in garlic, onions and all that stuff. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I think what really kick started my interest, though, was when I was at work (Before my factory went to Mexico) and this guy, name of Mark, told me that he had had high blood pressure, but he lowered it into acceptable range himself WITHOUT a doctors help. In fact, he got it WAY DOWN, No lipitor, none of that big Pharma stuff.

I asked him how he did it.

He replied "I Did one simple thing. I replaced all the oil in my diet with olive oil. That's all."

That's when I thought. "Ol' Jack Lalanne is right! What you put in your mouth has a TREMENDOUS impact on the state of your bodily health."

So I hit the Google button. Sure enough, glowing testimonies as to the efficacy of olive oil in lowering blood pressure were abundant.

Of course, that olive oil secret has been known for centuries, but big Pharma doesn't want you to know that! "No! Buy OUR expensive magic pill!" (But try not to pay TOO much attention to the killer side effects!)

Anyway, from there, I Googled other natural food items that have a long history of being effective in promoting health and warding off disease.

And many of them only cost a few pennies....
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
LOL!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2010-04-12 23:50, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-12 23:32, daffydoug wrote:
I drink it as a preventative. I'm determined to avoid the top three western "lifestyle diseases" like diabetes, heart disease, cancer,.

Just simply trying to take a pro active stance on my own health. I'm at that age now, where people get hit with one or more of them. I guess basically, I just don't want to be a victim.

Join us and go vegan! Soy protein is generally low fat, high fiber, and heart-friendly.

Vegan is great, but be careful of too much soy. Most of it is GMO and high levels of soy are correlated with excess estrogen production.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I did a pure vegetarian diet years ago. I don't think my body chemistry was made for it. I grew very thin, and I don't mean thin, I mean almost skeletal.

I had to stop it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Morning tonic, anybody?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL