The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Search Functions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
Just a few things to note about the search function:

If you search for something, and get a list of results and click one of them, when you click back, the page expires. This means you have to search again making navigating the archives very impractical.

Also, for me, it wont let me search individual forums, I cant search in Oick a Card Any Card, but I can search all forums. Just somethings I'm experiencing I thought I would see if I could get solved!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Shaun, when you get your search results, hold down the shift key and click on the topic you want to see. When you're finished, hold the shift key again and click the the X close window button in the upper right corner of the page. You will return to the search page to choose another area.
When you go to the search page, the forum block will be prefilled with either a specific forum or "search all forums". Just click on the drop down button in the block and you should get a list of all the forums. Choose the one you want and enter your search criteria.
Where the magic begins
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
You can search any individula forum--the box that says search all forums has a drop down menu, allowing you to list an individual forum.

To prevent the page-expiration problem, right click on the item you want and select "open in a new window." When you're done looking at that topic, just close the window--your search results page is there waiting for you!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Alex W.
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of Alex W.
Funny, when I do a search and I click on a result so that it opens in the same window, I can go back and the page will not have expired. I guess it depends on your system or settings.
SDR
View Profile
Elite user
430 Posts

Profile of SDR
It all seems to be working fine now.

Scott, I kow and knew that you CAN search individual forums, it was just when I tried the result was *page cannot be displayed"
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Gene is in the process of rewriting the forum scripts. Among many other things, we're hoping that his rewrites will fix all (or at least most) of the "Page not Found" errors when submitting data through a form. From what we've been able to discover, these errors occur mostly when the Café is very busy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Search Functions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL