The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » First show and website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
blva888
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of blva888
I will have pictures up when I can get some pictures taken of me.
Mr. Oops

The Worlds Greatest(?)

Magician

www.mromagicshow.com
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
Regarding the photos you'll eventually put up, I'm a big fan of having one or two professional "studio" portraits taken and use those. Then make sure you get some performance photos as soon as you can. It will show people that you really actually do this, and it isn't just a glorified hobby.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
I love the multi-color UNGAWA MAGIC logo and the tagline underneath.

However to make it pop and to fit in with family-friendly I suggest an all-white background. Look at what GOOGLE usually does w/ their logo... it isn't dissimilar.

I would lose the pink on the bunny and I would lose the blue rectangular background on the navigation buttons. Red and blue for the navigation buttons themselves looks good and on a white background they will pop. And I like the buttons unconventional shape. White for the lettering there is good.

If you change your background to white, your tag-line and all other body text would need to be black.

I would use mixed-case on the page titles in the right pane. "Contact Us" instead of "CONTACT US". All caps looks too abbrasive. I would not have the title HOME at all on your home page.

The font for your tagline doesn't seem to scale small very well although it looks great on your UNGAWA MAGIC. You might consider a more standard font for that part.

I would lose the table borders under SERVICES.

The UNGAWA FAQ has no Q just an A. You have way too long an explanation for that first answer. It is confusing. You say he and she without it being clear who he and she are. Keep it simple like...

"Ungawa is the magic word that Brent uses in his show. When the children yell Ungawa, something magical always seems to happen.

Umgawa is a word Brent remembers from TV shows like Scooby-Do and George of the Jungle as well as old Tarzan movies."
blva888
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of blva888
Things have changed dramatically. The FaQ's page has changed a little. I've added more Questions to shorten the long answers I gave.

TheRaven thank you for your response. I have never seen the tarzan movie nor the scooby doo episode, so I can't put I remember them from when I watched it.
Mr. Oops

The Worlds Greatest(?)

Magician

www.mromagicshow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » First show and website (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL