The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Beatles (Please read?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Ok, I was going through issues of Magigram last night and I found an ad from the March 1967 issue that talked about 12 sets left of an effect that dealt with The Beatles. As a musician, magician, and Beatles fanatic (no, I am far too young to have grown up with the Fab Four) I would love to track this down. Since this was published by Supreme Magic in the UK, are there any UK vets that can help me out here in locating this effect? It is not one I would DO, but what a cool cross collectible!!

Thanks all!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
CAPTAIN BEYOND
View Profile
New user
Beloit,Wisconsin
60 Posts

Profile of CAPTAIN BEYOND
Man,I am a beatles fan too and hope someone replies to your post about it.There is an antique store by me that sells a set of beatles thimbles from the sixties.I am strongly thinking of picking them up and learning some thimble magic to do with them.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Well, I am thinking of tracking down some people that would have been involved with this effect - either its creators or those who marketed it.

Hopefully NOT a Long and Winding road Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
I just bought a thimble at a flea market with the Beatles on it just for that reason, small world.
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3226 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I don't think this is what you're referring to, because I expect there are more than 12 copies available, but just in case you don't have this, I'll mention it.

There is Beatles material that was unreleased prior to 1995 on the Beatles Anthology CD sets. There is a box set that has all 6 CDs. Each of the three anthologies is a 2 CD set.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Another interested fan here.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-05-03 14:16, Bill Hallahan wrote:
I don't think this is what you're referring to, because I expect there are more than 12 copies available, but just in case you don't have this, I'll mention it.

There is Beatles material that was unreleased prior to 1995 on the Beatles Anthology CD sets. There is a box set that has all 6 CDs. Each of the three anthologies is a 2 CD set.

Bill,

I will go toe to toe and topit to topit with anyone here regarding The Beatles. They are the prime reason I am a musician. What I was talking about was an EFFECT [caps for emphasis] advertised in a 1967 issue of the UK journal Magigram that specifically said "only 12 copies remain of this effect."

As to the Anthology, I have the complete 10 hour version - a LOT of added footage not show in the television version. In an interview not long ago, Paul McCartney said that the Anthology - and specifically the song "Free As A Bird" - was released as a Beatles song, so in essence, The Beatles did "reunite" to do a "new" recording. And yes, I have the CD set of the Beatles Anthology, all the albums - UK AND US on vinyl too. Also virtually everything each did as solo artists.

In addition to a large magic library and a general library, my home also houses a ton of books about the Four Lads Who Shook The World. So I would LOVE to have some fun with a Beatles Trivia contest (NO Googling)!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Vlad,
Go for the trivia. I turned 21 on the day they appeared on Ed Sullivan, Feb.9,1964.I also am a fan, a bigger fan of Elvis, but still really liked the Beatles music.
Well at least now you know how old I am, if nothing else.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-04-27 15:17, Vlad_77 wrote:
Well, I am thinking of tracking down some people that would have been involved with this effect - either its creators or those who marketed it.

Hopefully NOT a Long and Winding road Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad

Ian Adair worked for Supreme, and his contact address is listed in the September 2009 issue of The Linking Ring.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Boy do I miss them. I remember years ago when the rumors of reuniting one last time fueled the fire.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
You and me too. I would love to see Paul in concert.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » The Beatles (Please read?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL