The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Anyone heard of these....... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mcsgadgets_magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of mcsgadgets_magic
I came across an online magic shop called 52 magic, Does anyone know if they are legitimate ...

http://www.52magic.com/

They only accept Western Union or Bank transfers, but I'm just not 100 percent convinced.
Pick a card any card.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Are you wanting to buy wholesale from them? You can do that and use a USA wholesaler if you have a re-sale license. Use a credit card to pay, and have total security. Why try something where you have no recourse, like buying from a Chinese wholesaler?

Try Murphy's Magic, EZ-Magic, etc.

dsalley13
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
With it being so easy to accept credit cards or even paypal... any shop NOT willing to offer such options should be avoided.

Western union and bank transfers are the common methods for fraud since they are virtually unrecoverable once outside of the US.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
dmueller
View Profile
Loyal user
Central Illinois
227 Posts

Profile of dmueller
I seem to remember seeing other threads about this outfit. I looked at the site, it screams scam to me for some reason. I have to agree with mmreed, western union and bank transfer is asking for trouble. Looking at some of their items, it also seems like a bunch of cheap knock offs, most likely of lower quality.
mcsgadgets_magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Thanks guys, I know Western Union is a major way to con people hence why I asked, they just had a few things I am interested in in selling. I do already buy from the States and UK.
Pick a card any card.
mcsgadgets_magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Well if I can really tax your brains. This was going to be my order, maybe you guys could point me in the right direction:

Vanishing Cane - Silver - Steel

Wizard PK Ring G2 - Gold (18mm)

Thumb Tip Medium (Soft) - Sold by the Dozen

Dream Lock

Mirage Card Watch - Boxed

Bolt Off Nut in Hand

Mirage Card Watch -Double Face- Super

ULTRACINESE - PK BOLT & NUT MENTAL MAGIC

Ghost Pen - Random Magic(2 pens Packaging)

WOW! Card Trick+Spare Sleeve

Super Neck Cracker System

D'Lite Magic Trick In Blue
Pick a card any card.
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
One thing that stands out about those products is there not so rare that you couldn't find them at a shop that's got a little more credibility. I didn't look to much in to that site but from the list you gave the items are frequently used...
dmueller
View Profile
Loyal user
Central Illinois
227 Posts

Profile of dmueller
Looking over some of the stuff that you listed on the 52 site, yup, cheap knock offs. Any money you save will be lost in replacing the props when they break. There are numerous magic shops online, a quick search here on the Café should get you started. Keep in mind that the cost is going to be substantially higher than what you see listed on the 52 site, but you will be buying legitimate merchandise from reputable dealers.

LOL I just noticed that they even ripped off Penguin's video for the D'lite demo. They couldn't even be bothered to edit out the "penguin magic" tag on the front end of the video.

Edit to add, the legit version of Ultracinese retails for over 200 IIRC, yet this place can sell it for 35? Something is way wrong with that picture
mcsgadgets_magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

LOL, Oh dear!

It was the price of their items that attracted me :> but I hear what you are saying. I normally use Magic Makers as my overseas suppliers.
Pick a card any card.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Contact Murphys Magic if you are looking to buy items to resell. They have world wide accounts and offer pretty much everything in magic.

If you are looking to just buy for yourself - shoot me an email or check out my store. We have many overseas customers.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
mcsgadgets_magic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Thanks. Well I do both, I'm a seller and I buy for myself. The thing with Murphys is they require a min of $500.00 per month to hold an account with them, sorry to say I am not in that league. This is my site: (sorry about the music, I'll be taking that off) http://www.its-just-an-illusion.com/ I'll take a look.
Pick a card any card.
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Just do not buy from there. You know most product are cheaper than other shop as they are fake. Unless you want to buy something made by themselves
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Definitely stay away from them. They are known to rip off others magic tricks and reproduce them very cheaply, but yet have the audacity to use the originator's name and even the demo videos. Nothing but pure JUNK! Ya get what ya pay for.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
oOMagiiCOo
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of oOMagiiCOo
I would stay well clear of anyone completely unknown and use a trusted site
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Anyone heard of these....... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL