The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Video to share (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Hello everybody,

This is my newly made stage magic promo video.
Feel free to give comments, hope you guys like it!

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjFQO0xuaL0

Kenny
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Before I give any comments or feedback, can you tell us what your intended audience is for this promo video? In otherwords, what venues or prospects are you trying to show this to? It will help us to better give you advice. Thanks. =)

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
It looks to me like you combine shots from performances with and without eyeglasses. I think it would be best to use only one or the other, which probably would best be without glasses. Unless I'm mistaken, Sakoh of Japan also performed initially with glasses but later without them. I can't think of any prominent manipulation act where the performer wears glasses.

I feel the music has a somewhat too "religious" feel to it, which is reinforced by the use of the word "omnipotent," which I feel is a bit much. The music and word choice make me think I'm watching a promo for "The Da Vinci Code," not a magic act. "Powerful" would perhaps be a better word choice than "omnipotent," which is usually a word reserved only for deity. Also, among the words used to describe the act, two are nouns ("speed" and "power") and two are adjectives ("dynamic" and "omnipotent"). For the sake of parallelism, either all adjectives or all nouns would be better. Actually, I think putting words in at all detracts from the effect of any visuals. Save the words for written promotional materials (brochures) and let the video speak for itself, except perhaps for a graphic at the end explaining how to contact you.

----- Amado "Sonnn" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Overall, it is nice visual effects. I am not sure of what you are doing: as magicians we realize the umbrella productions but you do that several times (something the seller of umbrellas would do). In other words, make the sequence show more of the effect and do not repeat any. Cards are nice; I would like to see a slow-motion of that.
Overall: a few more seconds on each effect, more variety.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
Im with Magicians on this one, this is your seller, you only have one shot to show them what your show consists of, do you want them to think all you do is produce umbrellas... which mind you looks really good, but like magicians said, more variety and make each a little longer before fading into the next.
Other then that looks like you have some real talent in magic.

Rick Anderson
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Video to share (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL