The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memory (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Don’t quit we know if this is the correct place for this but I am looking for a effect for a event I am doing. Its on the 26th of May so a bit of a quick turn around. I do a regular events for a science group once a month. I only find out the subject at the being of month and it all a bit rushed. So I need your help this month subject is about people being genius and the genius mind. So I though I could talk about remembering shopping list and teach them a technique for this. Then as a finally do a effect that looks like a great achievement in memory. And this is were I need your help I was thinking may be a book test and I have the note of Geoffrey Durham’s dictionary test so that a goer but any thought would be great.

Just bear in mind a few things,
-Its done to a crowd of 20-40 people.
-I need to have it and learn it by the 26th May.
-A quick reset is also good.
-My whole show time is 20-30min and the trick is just a quick bit at the end so it needs to be done in 5min.

All ideas are greatly appreciated and I thank you for your help and advice.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Get Harry lorrayne's Super memory book. There are loads of memory stunts in there. Probably the best book on the subject.
Paul.W
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of Paul.W
Mind Punisher..... I totally agree with you. I met harry few weeks ago next to his office in new york. The guy is the master of master. Get his Memory Book and His new book Mathmatical Wizardary.

Paul.W
From Israel
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
All else failling ,big up a set of mental logs ......
Mark
E.O.I
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
Add a Magic square "Advanced mathmatical calculation"

Another would be the "Knight's Tour"

I have been asked about putting together a 30 minute "Mind Bender" demo for a medical school neuro-antatomy class.... still trying to decide if I do it, just how to present it...

I can do a memory/recall and a magic square along with dialogue on the potential of the mind and possible furture brain evolution.

I'd stick to "super brain" material.

I was talking to the Prof. after he did a lecture for Med student families and did a quick ESP-NLP test with him and his wheels started spinning.

I want to put together a few short hard punch demos to present to him for his approval and so he can work it into his course lectures.

Caught me WAY off guard to be asked to do this from just a simple 5 minute bit.

Cheers

Frank
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Card memory by Bob Cassidy
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
Richard Paddon
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Richard Paddon
"Learning The Almost Impossible" from Chuck Hickok's Mentalism Incorporated (learning to say the alphabet backwards)

Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Memory (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL