The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Alain Nu effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hey everyone,
I remember hearing about an effect a while ago that Alain Nu supposedly performed. I don't remember all of the details, but here is the jist of what I REMEMBER (which could be totally different than what actually happens).

Magician borrows three objects: a watch, a wallet, and something else (I can't remember)

The magician turns his back and asks the volunteer to pick up an object and place it in his pocket, another object he is to place on his wrist, and then the last object he's supposed to place somewhere else.

The volunteer ends up with all of the objects in absurd places like the wallet is on the wrist..etc. to give a magician in trouble plot.

The magician had correctly predicted where all of the objects would be placed.

I know this is vague. Can anyone help me piece this together with some resources? Thanks!
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
The routine you are describing is Alain Nu's 'Nu Sense'. Indeed its an amazing piece of mentalism (not magic Smile )

You can purchase this effect alone from Lee Asher's site. Here is the link to the product: http://www.leeasher.com/store/online_downloads/nu_sense.html
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Sounds suspciously like a classic effect that I know as "key, coin and pen" (which is probably not its proper name). While performer turns his back, a spectator places any three objects (call them A, B and C) in a row in any order. After spectator exchanges positions of each item with another as directed by the performer and then putting each in a different pocket as directed (performer's back is turned throughout), the performer identifies which object is in which pocket. The only thing the performer is told is what the three objects are.
Dick Christian
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Key ring and watch
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Yep -- but Alain adds a nice twist to it for a fun final reveal.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2010-05-09 16:49, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Yep -- but Alain adds a nice twist to it for a fun final reveal.

Yea, I have it, it rocks!!

j
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
193 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
Quote:
On 2010-05-08 10:07, Alel wrote:
The routine you are describing is Alain Nu's 'Nu Sense'. Indeed its an amazing piece of mentalism (not magic Smile )

You can purchase this effect alone from Lee Asher's site. Here is the link to the product: http://www.leeasher.com/store/online_downloads/nu_sense.html

Twistedace
You may want to check out the original thread on Nu Sense:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Larry
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Tommy Wonder has a wonderful version in his DVD set. Aside from the myth, it is VERY entertaining!
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
It is related to the previously mentioned effects however he has added some handling to it that significantly improves the effect, you cab also find the effect in one of his earlier manuscripts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Alain Nu effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL