The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling whilst balancing a club on your head (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi all,

I'm having difficulty doing this trick. I can balance a club easily. I can juggle 3 clubs easily. Yet combining the two just doesn't seem to work.

Anyone got any tips on learning this?

I feel as a pro it's something I should be able to do.

Cheers,

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Phil Blackmore
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Phil Blackmore
Use a long broom for the balance when you are learning it.
Go back to the beginner juggling steps. ie just one club first, then 2 clubs throw throw catch catch, 3 catches of 3 etc. (I prefer to get ten in a row of each stage perfect before moving on.)
It is like learning to juggle from the beginning again, but harder.
Lots of short practice sections, don't do too long at a time so you don't hurt your neck. It will take a while.
I find chin balance easier than forehead as you are looking forward for both the balance and the juggle, whereas with a forehead balance you have to look backwards a bit for the balance and forwards for the juggle.

Hope you are ok,
Saw you in the local paper in Bristol the other day.
Phil
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hello mate!

I'm good. My juggling has really taken a hit with all the escape stuff I've been doing, so I figured I should do something about it. Juggling with a balance just seems like the way forward. It's a great trick and audiences seem to like it. Plus I've not seen many jugglers perform it recently. Apart from your killer version with the axe. Gotta love the axe Smile

Not seen you in ages. I did check out your new workshop site though, very nice. Love the little map graphic.

What were you doing in Bristol? Have you moved out of London? They covered me over all three days of the bank holiday. I've not seen it yet myself, but I've been told I made front page on one of the days, which is quite nice.

Hopefully catch you soon Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Phil Blackmore
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Phil Blackmore
The juggle and balance is a really good trick. In mix and mingle it's nice because you can get them to try balancing a club on their chin first.
The spinning ball on a pole balance while juggling clubs (generally known as the Bungay trick here) also looks amazing. Not too hard as the pole is an easy balance.
Forgot to mention, focus mainly on the balance, just seeing the juggling with your peripheral vision.

I moved to Torquay last year, working the holiday park circuit. Hopefully buying a house real soon.
We saw the Bristol paper in Mcdonalds cribbs causeway. On our way to a holiday park in the cotswolds. You had a big photo on the front and a write up inside. Looked good.

The workshop site is mainly my girlfriend's business. I helped out over the winter with designing and trial running the magic workshop and show, and do some circus workshops when I'm free. I'll tell her you liked it.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cool!

I'm down Cornwall way working a steam fair in August. We'll have to meet up if you're about.

Thanks for the tips on the juggle/balance. I'll get to work Smile
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling whilst balancing a club on your head (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL