The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Billiard balls introduction act. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I have a billiard ball act I would like to do on stage one day probably within the next year or so. Once I have gotten some experience busking and saved enough money for extra props. I have a few things I would like to do that lead up to it. I remember it all made perfect sense to me when I wrote it down. I have been reviewing it and it makes no sense to me now.

I start off with Robert Houdin’s Miraculous fish with ultrasmoke 2,000. The bowl of water contains floating apples baby ducks and swimming goldfish along with a Gardenia. The apples and baby ducks are handed to judges or anyone else for examination so they can make sure they are real. After this I have china egg on fan down followed by Peter Gardiner’s cooked egg in hat. To show real plus it is a cool trick. So far so good but, then I say to use egg bag to switch for another egg and restore it. I can’t put a floppy fake fried egg in an egg bag for obvious reasons. The egg bag is then to go into pocket only to be pulled back out with a billiard ball in it. I go into the Wakeling’s routine. I can’t just pull out another bag right away I think I meant to do something which is why I put it in my pocket to begin with. I use a duplicate bag with the ball in it. Even if I come up with a reason for doing this it really seems stupid and obvious if not stupid. These were just thoughts though without the routines in a list. Also, though I recall getting the Viking silk to egg I have for this routine which doesn't seem to be in the notes. It must fit somewhere but I am unsure how I would do that if I appear the egg from a flower petal. Unless I just casually pulled out a silk. My best though is that the egg vanishes somewhere and reappears in that way afterwards.

I understand if I sound stupid. I might just disregard some of this and redo it all. I most definitely want to do the water bowl production with the egg on fan and egg bag routine though. I might just do it in that order with nothing between.
Jeremy Gates
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
They do have fakini multiplying eggs, you can always do that instead of switching an egg out for a billiard ball.
Eddie Ivan Torres
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Quote:
On 2010-05-12 22:11, Eddie Torres wrote:
They do have fakini multiplying eggs, you can always do that instead of switching an egg out for a billiard ball.

I know but already have the balls and for complicated reasons I thought of that and balls are most certainly best. Thanks for the input though.
Jeremy Gates
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I’m compelled to comment.
As we go about our sojourn, it is an infallible fact that we change. Our actions should reflect our growth, otherwise we hold ourselves fixed in a place which once had validity, but no longer pertains to our current circumstances.
What I am saying is this. If you see that an idea is no longer pertinent to your expression as a magician, move forth. You see discretion between where you were and where you want to be, and this simply means your perspective has evolved.
Do not cling to what was, it will take you nowhere. Rework the whole thing if this is the direction you are guided in.
When you arrive upon something which is fully refined and completely irreducible, you have a classic, and based upon your own capacity as an entertainer, a piece like this can take you around the world.
The external guidance has the possibility to drive you ever further away from your power, your confidence that you know what’s right.
Believe in yourself, and trust yourself.
To reconstruct and reprogram is not to waste time. To waste time is to remain where you are amidst the proper direction, asking to be embarked upon.
Herein lies the magic.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I agree with DJ Trix. No act stays the same from the time of creation. It will evolve and mature along the way. It is only through performing the same act many times in front of a live audience that you would know what you need to take out or change. Keep testing your act in front of the audiences.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, you can produce a Floppy Fake Fried Egg from an Egg Bag! They sell them HERE The method is the same as producing a lemon from an egg bag.

Your post sounds more like a dream you had one night. Some famous magicians say that is how they invent their best magic is by dreaming it. I don't understand much about what you have written, but it looks like a start at creative thinking.

I suggest you first learn the Billiard Ball routine to perfection. Then during that process, you will create additional ideas to go along with it. But - - It is not till you have achieved that Billiard Ball routine will help create anything new.

Do it one step at a time. Saying and doing are completely different things. Now is the time to do, and stop thinking. Nothing will happen if you do not put the work into the magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Billiard balls introduction act. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL