The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fasten by Jean-Pierre Vallarino (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arteco
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Arteco
It's finally out !

Fasten is one of Jean-Pierre first release 20 years ago, and it fooled so many magician because the trick and gimmick itself is so easy to use and so clever.

20 years later, the trick is back and comes complete with the gimmick and a DVD that explains how to set up the gimmick, and a couple of effects fully explained.

However, once you own it, the doors are open to so many more effects.

Here is the official trailer :
http://www.artecoproductions.com/fasten-......ino.html
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
Can someone please explain to me why you would need to put the cards in the box and immediately take them out for the reveal.
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
Quote:
On 2010-05-13 09:48, jekyllandhyde wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why you would need to put the cards in the box and immediately take them out for the reveal.

Your question holds the answer...for this trick to have real impact, you would not IMMEDIATELY take them out! A little time misdirection please? Perhaps, begin by shuffling and selecting 2 cards...put them in the card boxes and set them aside...then continue on, to perform a nice set of card routines with the remainder of the pack...then to conclude--almost as an afterthought--call attention to the boxes remove the cards and end with the matching "coincidence".

Keith Jozsef
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
With all due respect, that sounds totally irrational and is not the way it was presented.
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
Irrational?

I'm quite aware that's not how it was presented--I was simply making a suggestion as to how it could be made better. You asked 'why you would need to put the cards in the box...'

Ummm...to switch them, perhaps?

That is what led me to the point about time misdirection. If there isn't any significant time between the placing of the cards in the box, and the reveal, then the method becomes extremely transparent and all heat is on the box....as is the case in the demonstration video.

Keith Jozsef
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fasten by Jean-Pierre Vallarino (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL