The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Oil/Water non gaff impromptu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Just having some fun with my boy, I was practising my coin magic when he asked to see something. I was making up the patter as I was going along. He wanted to see something that wasn't a coin trick....lol. This is my favorite Oil and Water routine. Non Gaff can be done impromptu.
It's from 'The Art of Close-Up Magic' by Lewis Ganson, vol. 1, book.
Enjoy.
Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9KuED5ruLU
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Tim,
Very, very nicely done. I like it!
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Why did I sell my 'Art of Close Up Magic, Vol 1 & 2' to Dennis Loomis in 1972 or so (guessing)??? For a bloody SONG!!! He took advantage of the fact that I was under the influence of hallucinogens.

Juuuuuust kidding, but they *are* terrific books!
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Great as always! Simple and to the point.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Rizzo,
Thanks for stopping by. Long time, no talk, my friend. Glad you liked it.

Foolnobody,
lol....I hate when that happens. I only got Volume 1 ten years ago. I figured I had enough stuff on cards, so didn't go with volume 2. The funny thing is one of my favorite routines is this one from vol 1, and it's a card trick, the only one in the book...lol.

Billman,
Thanks, Bill. I went with a magic presentation because of the boy. For adults, I don't. Funny how quick our minds process; like I said, patter was from the hip. You can tell with some of the hesitations in the routine. My youngest and I have fun doing this stuff, and he likes for me to film it. My oldest is more concern with girls and video games, so he stays away from me when I practice....lol. I ruined him at a young age....lol.
Thanks again, everyone.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
That is a great routine for kids. Thanks, Tim, and good job!
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Hi Jazzy,
Glad you liked it. Thanks for stopping by.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Whatever interferes, Tim, the magic of family must come first.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Tim,

I ran across this while checking for new stuff on my YouTube subscriptions..... I LOVE O&W effects and am now gonna have to learn this one since you've shown it to be a beauty!

Gonna have to go find that book now!

Keep 'em coming, Brother!

MMc
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Ken and Mick,
Thanks, guys, for stopping by and viewing and commenting. Glad you liked the routine. The boy and I had fun doing it. He's been my little shadow lately, must be that age. He's been asking to do this again, and he didn't have to twist my arm. Stay toon for the next one.
Thanks again, everyone, for the nice comments and encouragement.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Oil/Water non gaff impromptu (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL