The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mummy Mystery by Magic Wagon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Yes, this is the ol' Mummy Mystery trick. Remember it? Three colored mummies, one chosen by the spectator and placed into the sarcophogas, the other two hidden from your view. Of course, your "master mental ability" tells you which color is inside the sarcophogas. Produced for years in cheap plastic, it always had a "toy" like look. One company produced a similar model out of wood, a definite improvement, but nothing too special other than it lacked the plastic.

Now Magic Wagon has taken this effect to a new level. Very beautiful using quality props here. When I first saw this it reminded me of something Richard Gerlitz would produce. It is absolutely the best looking version of this effect I have ever seen. The mummies actually look like mummies wrapped in bandages instead of plastic blocks with mummies drawn on top. The sarcophogas is black with cryptic Egyptian carvings finished in gold. Intricate detail and beautiful. The method is the same, but this is something you will be proud to own and display. It actually fits quite well next to the fantastic Gerlitz magic line.

Very cool and fun to own. This is a version I will actually use. Five out of five stars. Good work MW!

See it here: http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=90
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Hate to say it, but they still look like toys.

Nicely made toys, but still toys.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I think they look great myself.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
They do look great.

For toys.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
They look great.

For props.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Does any one know if this prop is being made in all wood by anyone? It is easy to find the version where the mummies are plastic and the sarcphogus is wood.

Doesn't seem like it would be particular tough to make the mummies out of wood.

I'm looking for a moderately priced version.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Are they named Kharis?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Chessmann, I get the reference but not the joke. Or is it just a reference?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
Hi everyone,
I would love to have this trick in cast brass or some other really impressive materiala and little bigger than the cheap wooden ones I have. Remember Fabrice Delaure's Egyptian card box that was plastic but cast and heavy like stone, not injection molded.
Please PM me if you have an idea. Some props just look too cheap and toy-ish in a board room. It's like with the 3 inch plastic Mental Logs - the ones you do math with. I had to make them in solid teak wood 12 inches high with engraved numbers in gold to be able to perform the trick in a board room.

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Every single item is out of stock ?
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I;m not sure why Mgic Wagon even lists things as "Out of Stock".

Everything they make is in very limited runs (around 50 generally) and they sell out within the day of release. The web site becomes just a bit of history of past effects and they shoudl label it as such instead of making it seem as though people can order them if only they were not out of stock.

They are out of stock and will be forever.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 17:21, MeetMagicMike wrote:
Chessmann, I get the reference but not the joke. Or is it just a reference?

An attempt at injecting some silly humor into a topic that didn't really need any Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mummy Mystery by Magic Wagon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL