The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Took a break. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Double O Magic
I have just taken a very long break of magic due to school and such and am interested and getting back into the groove. What is a great way to do this? I have some stuff left over like sponge balls, Extreme Burn Props and DVD, and some minor effects. How should I start?
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

I seem to have forget the essence of being magician and some of the necessities have escaped my mind :/.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I would just do more reading and get back in touch with great folk here on the Café:) Handle of deck of cards and sponges now and then to get the feel back.

PS: Welcome back!
Flamel
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Flamel
I also took a break awhile back but found the best way back in was to re-read some of the 'core' texts (which have been discussed ad nauseum on the Café, rightly so). Basic sleights, cards, sponges, methinks this is the best way, welcome back brother.
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Thanks guys Smile. Will do all of these. Especially go buy myself some supplies online and read up on some basics. Once again thanks Smile
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Welcome back! Go back to Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic and rediscover basic effects. It won't take hardly any time to re-learn the fundamentals, and then move on to intermediate texts. And spend lots of time here on the Café to get ideas. Cards, coins, and sponges are good places to get reacquainted with basic sleight of hand.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Buy yourself a good book like the new "The Complete Ganson Teach-In Series" by Lewis Ganson and start learning again. There's enough good Magic in there to keep you busy for years at your own pace.

dsalley13
Double O Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

ALl great ideas. Will stop by Borders ASAP.
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Double O Magic ~ learn Cups & Balls

The sleights, timing, direction and presentation you learn from C & B will be used in many other effects you perform

DON'T Buy, Buy, Buy every effect that turns your head
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Took a break. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL