The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Performers: Make a Splash Theme (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Ahoy There, Library Performers! Introducing: ‘MAKE A SPLASH!”

A brand new original theme song to open and close your 2010 library shows. It sounds like summer, and it really rocks!

Details at http://www.arthurstead.com
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Very nice!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Now the question is - how many of us will be doing the same libraries with that same song...I see Tommy Johns will be using it - I wonder if Ken Scott or Arthur Atsma are as well. It does sound awesome though! Now just wondering about the repeat at the same library after another performer has used it....

Great job on the song!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I decided to go with Pirates for the Make a Splash Theme as it was a far more marketable show to pitch to other groups after the library season than a sand an surf show. So unfortunately your wonderful theme song won't fit my sea faring show.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I am doing the first of many Reading Programs today. (at a Missouri Reading Club located at an elementary school's media center)

Songs...Summer time and the reading was easy....and
Alawetta, I'm alawetta...song by Nigel the puppet that rocks and talks.
who starts out the program scared of water..(it's tooooo watery)

The Stead..royalty songs are great..but not used for this summer.

side note...started working on 2011 Summer Theme of Around the world at your Library last week...(as the deadline for submissions for some systems is the first of June the year before)

Be safe, well and well read.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Quote:
On 2010-05-19 22:16, Chad C. wrote:
Now the question is - how many of us will be doing the same libraries with that same song...I see Tommy Johns will be using it - I wonder if Ken Scott or Arthur Atsma are as well. It does sound awesome though! Now just wondering about the repeat at the same library after another performer has used it....

Great job on the song!

I loved the song, but that was my concern as well. It got me thinking though. I sat down and rewrote the words to a popular summertime song from the past so that it reflects the theme of my show. Now I just need to get it recorded.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I do most of my music live.

I use Karaoke tapes for the rest.

My new friend is the IMAC editor....("with a little help from our friends"

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
A good theme song is universal. For example, people never get tired of hearing the National Anthem sung at every baseball game.

About our Make a Splash song: Regardless of your individual approach, it's a great way to establish the 2010 summer reading theme right from the start.

As a pre-show opener, it gets audiences in the mood for a fun and entertaining show.

Plus, your library clients will be impressed that you've taken the time to integrate their 2010 theme ... (need I say, with a PROFESSIONAL QUALITY song?)

In addition, there's enough variety in the lyrics to cover several different performance styles. In particular, pirates!

You're welcome to listen to a preview of our song at http://www.arthurstead.com.

Arthur and Leslie Stead
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Professional quality is the key. Arthur's music is top notch. And, from the clip, this song sounds great. I don't think anyone is debating that.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Then, there's nothing left to debate! Whether your show is Dive Into A Book, or Catch The Reading Wave, or Summer Fun In The Sun, or Pirates of Penzance ..... it doesn't matter!

The national library theme for 2010 is "Make A Splash @ Your Library: READ." Therefore, our Make A Splash theme song is perfect. Use the full-length version as a pre-show audience warm-up. Or open your show by performing an exciting routine to the shorter version. And play the long version again as people are leaving the auditorium.

By the way, Payne, the entire second verse is all about pirates.

Arthur Stead
http://www.arthurstead.com
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
While I certainly wouldn't take anything away from Arthur's great work, I did want to share a portion of what I came up with just for me. Listen here. This makes the theme a perfect fit for my show which is called "Goin' Fiction".
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Nice job, Scott!
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
Chad, I compose my own music for my shows. My make a
splash will not be the one you hear everyone else in our area using!
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
I went with a more reggae island feel, though the beach boy sound is cool!
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
The reviews are in!

"Arthur and Leslie, this song is GREAT! I'm doing my pirate show, but I'm still buying this to play post show for the summer. Well done my friends!"
- Tim Sonefelt, Anderson, SC

"Your Make A Splash song is fantastic and will be the icing on the cake for all my library shows. It will be a smash (or should I say "splash") hit for my audiences. Thank you so very much for providing us entertainers with such great musical additions to our shows."
- Linda Holliday, Orefield, PA

"I LOVE the Make a Splash song I just got from you guys!  The Ventura beach sound is excellent and will be a hit this summer! It is going to be in my Treasure Hunt library shows and I’ll be sure to direct interested librarians to your website."
- Carey Huddleston, Atlanta, GA

"The new Make A Splash song is great! I love the style; it reminds me of the 1960s California surfer sound. This a no-brainer. Anyone can now easily and inexpensively add a customized theme song to their summer library show and increase its value and impact. I highly recommend it."
- Jim Snack, Averill Park, NY

Read more and listen to music excerpts at http://www.arthurstead.com

Arthur & Leslie Stead
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I wish I knew about Arthur & Leslie Stead's products a few years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Performers: Make a Splash Theme (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL