The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My quote... any thoughts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Are a creator and trying to tell us something?
Did you recently get something from a non-performing creator and where dissatisfied with it?
Are you in any way related to Nick75?
Did you decide to make a random insulting quote because you were interested in the reaction you would get?

Those were my main thoughts on the first quote.
As for the second:
Are you on drugs?
Are you drunk?
Are you a little slow?
Are you attempting to show off?
Are you attempting to make an excuse for yourself?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Paul.W, you got your answer?
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Sounds like a statement made from someone who simply cannot create and feels quite bitter about it.

Having said that I don't think there are as many creaters of new original material out there as thereused to be. There are however tons creating stuff based on someone else's idea. But 99% of the time all they've really done is a minute twist which, whilst an experienced performer will recognise immediately, the new kids on the block DON'T and see this NEW creator as a genius.
The trend has already begun and sadly I don't see it stopping since the message has been put out that 'they can get away with it'.

Sorry to have gone off on a tangent but I've certainly bought some absolute sh-t in the last year that YOU LOT said was genius material. The problem is I never knew and don't know who YOU LOT are! I thought you were adult performers but based on the stuff I'v purchased you're all spotty 14 year olds that go "Wow" every time someone farts!
Sorry to go off like this but 5 grand is 5 grand!!! Okay so I havent quite spent that much but in closing: there are 5 or 6 of you in here who have started this club where you all say you're in love with each others work far tooooooooo much. It's like being at a fondling party. Stop it!!!

bobser... out.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 16:12, mastermindreader wrote:
If you put the word "some" at the beginning of your quote it would make sense. As it stands, it is a patently false - and ridiculous - generalization.

Good thoughts,

Bob Cassidy

If you replace the words "people who create" with "Jugglers missing their tools" then your quote would make sense.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yes, or: '.....people explain the same sh-t again and again and again because they're 14 and spotty'.
tomacker
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of tomacker
LOL. If nobody created magic tricks, magic would not exist. I'm sorry but this is the most non sense statement I have ever read.
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
The quote can't be right. Good creators test their effects before releasing them, and to test an effect you have to perform it.
RLFrame
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of RLFrame
"Good creators test their effects before releasing them, and to test an effect you have to perform it."

I would tend to agree with entirely new effect, but many forms of 'creations' are 'twists' to proven effects, or combining one effect with another so that both are improved, or presentations for existing effects that better justify the weak points of a routine, or a wonderful proven effect that involves memory work and someone comes up with a way to duplicate the effect with much simpler mnemonics. That some of these twists are improvements is obvious, so much so that I have wondered, "Why didn't I think of that?" and anyone with any experience recognizes the improvement without having to test it. Often times even small things can make a big difference. From Josua Quinn's ParaLies, I got a single line that was 'included by permission' from Jim Callahan that I thought was sublime and immediately incorporated a variation of it into an effect.

It has been quite a surprise for me, now into my middle years, to find myself more excited about a few words, or a slight presentational twist, than I am about most new products or tricks. Creation can take many forms and they all can be of value.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
In Mystery Entertainment, Presentation is often 99% the method.

(Having no youtube videos, you can ignore this - ooops wrong thread)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
[quote]On 2010-05-26 05:59, tomacker wrote:
Quote:
If nobody created magic tricks, magic would not exist. I'm sorry but this is the most non sense statement I have ever read.

And this is the most sensible post on this topic. I think it's a closer.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 15:58, Paul.W wrote:
Helllooo

Here is a quote I shared with many magicians/ mentalist.
I know it does not have to do with anything in penny for your thoughts...
But I thought some of you might like it.

" People who create are people who have no balls to perform"

what are your thoughts?

Paul.W

just 5 words: *** ****ing load of ********

other than that, great quote.... Smile
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 15:58, Paul.W wrote:
Helllooo

Here is a quote I shared with many magicians/ mentalist.
I know it does not have to do with anything in penny for your thoughts...
But I thought some of you might like it.

" People who create are people who have no balls to perform"

what are your thoughts?

Paul.W

did you "create" this quote?
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Paul W

To answer your original question.. no, personally I don't like it.

I also see no point in your post whatsoever. If it was to generate some sort of discussion, then it certainly did that, but for all the wrong reasons.

There go another few seconds of my life wasted on the banal. Ya gotta laugh!

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
What about:

"those who throws insults on forii, don't have the social skills to live their life in the real world".
lejon
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of lejon
It reminds me of a story:

that guy enters a farmers market and says: " Smile hey guys , all farmers are **** *** **** **** "

that guy obviously wasnt very intelligent...

I don't know why I thaught of that story though....
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Ill conceived, badly thought out, verging on nonsense and an example of someone trying to be clever for clever’s sake but really achieving the exact opposite. I am assuming that this was actually a joke and you were merely putting something out there to fan the flames that are so prevalent on the "Café", then sat back and watched the fun?
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
Have you ever had that feeling that you just wish you'd kept your mouth shut. Lol

Mel
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-05-25 17:06, mysticz wrote:
How about:

People who have no balls to perform should understand that many of the better performing magician/mentalists often are the most creative ones.

Joe Z.

I like your quote better, Joe! Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
“By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third, by experience, which is the most bitter.”

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”

Confucius
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My quote... any thoughts? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL