The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Invisible flash thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hacketr2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Does anyone know where to buy flash treated invisible thread or how to make it?

Check out this video at 1:50 ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJf9AdHD8M

Thanks,

Rob
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
R you sure is flash treated. Some regular thin black threads burn like that. although I'm no expert.
hacketr2
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of hacketr2
Yea I guess you could be right, I have seen thread burn like that, but would the flame light the cigarette? I suppose it would. Anyways if anyone knows anything about this I'd appreciate some input. Thanks for your comments elimagic Smile
Marduk
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
105 Posts

Profile of Marduk
I think it´s just black thread, not flash. Try it
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I agree, regular thread, but I'm more curious about his last effect where all his fingers are on fire; what is he using there I wonder? Zel gel is the only thing I know of to do this safely; I wonder what he uses.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
RiotStrike
View Profile
New user
I've cemented
39 Posts

Profile of RiotStrike
I have seen people (bad idea) use Sterno cooking fuel. Outside the can, burns like you'd expect napalm to.
That's off-topic though, lol.

Cotton upholstery thread is what you're looking for, it burns just like that if it's good and dry.

Alternatively, you can take flash string and separate it out like you would normal string to the individual threads... if you really want it to just go extra fast.
Alex Kilcup
View Profile
New user
Sault Ste. Marie
48 Posts

Profile of Alex Kilcup
I read this topic earlier and experimented, I had a spool of regular black thread, I cut it held it up and lit it, it burned but very slowly, smelt bad, and didn't look like the video, I tried again but this time I soaked the thread for about 5 minutes in some rubbing alcohol, my results were almost exactly of the video

hope that helped

Alex
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
At magicalement there is a product called invisible thread from metal.it is out of stock for a long time but I believe that this is the thread you are searching for.
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
Guys that's an old effect from a book (can't recall the name)where you put regular black thread and a tiny piece of flashpaper on the end of the cig to have a small puff to light the cig...very visual but must be done in proper lighting or it flashes...bigtime!
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.orionmagicproductions.com
The Great Heathini
View Profile
New user
Virginia
29 Posts

Profile of The Great Heathini
I agree, very nice effect! I think that I will try a few ideas that have popped into my mind.
Time to experiment. Smile
Thank's for posting the vid,
Brent.
joe yang
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
296 Posts

Profile of joe yang
Check the label on the spool."Regular" black thread tends to be polyester or nylon today. They will burn slowly and with a strong smell, silk thread too, but you won't find that easily. All cotton thread should not have an odor and burn more evenly. The humidity is too high here in Florida for me to experiment.
aka Mike Booth
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
Jeremy Gates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Invisible flash thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL