The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Five speed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Akonn
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
34 Posts

Profile of Akonn
Hello guys,
I would like to hear your opinion on my version of Five Speed. I thought I have made my best, but tell me everything. What would you like to change on my performance and etc.. Because I want to be still better I have to hear true.
Thank you a lot guys!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4qIeZR3ERc

----------------------------------------------
If you are interest this is Documentary - street magic
in Czech republic. Hope you enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5Zi2FrYHs
----------------------------------------------
Andrew Eng
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Andrew Eng
For the ambitious Ace of Spade part, I feel that you need to pause a little after you place the ace in the center to let people absorb what just happened. Its just like putting a coin in your hand, pause awhile, and then reveal to show your hands empty. Other than that its quite well done =)

-Andrew
Thus the whole moon shines in every lake,
For it stands high enough.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Just one suggestion... Try to think up a good patter to go along with the effect instead of music. For example, What would you be saying for real people when you perform this for them? I think that this is one of those effects that can be confusing without patter. Especially in the last phase and especially on video.

But it was a great performance! I really liked it and it flowed nicely.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Quote:
On 2010-05-29 10:05, Voldemort wrote:
Just one suggestion... Try to think up a good patter to go along with the effect instead of music. For example, What would you be saying for real people when you perform this for them? I think that this is one of those effects that can be confusing without patter. Especially in the last phase and especially on video.

Can you just say I changed my mind, and not let me hanging the way you did,

Yes I'm talking to you Voldemort.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Nicely done! Beautiful music.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2010-05-29 10:16, Zhang wrote:
Quote:

Can you just say I changed my mind, and not let me hanging the way you did,

Yes I'm talking to you Voldemort.

Uhhhh... What?
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Voldemort, EXCELLENT advice, and I am just as perplexed as you by Zhang's post.

Akonn, NICE approach to Larry Jennings's Ambitious Classic! Well done! I do think that patter would help. There were a few points where I could see a spectator not quite certain of what is supposed to be happening. I, like others, do think the music is beautiful, although as a musician, I think that your tempo does not QUITE fit the feel of the music, but that is more of a musician observation.

But, apart from that little bit of constructive criticism, I really like you approach to the Jennings plot a LOT.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
If you are going to use that music go slower and make it simpler. Its like watching a fight scene from The Matrix with classical music....they don't match each other.

If you did this on the street you would blow people away with this.

CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
Akonn
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
34 Posts

Profile of Akonn
Quote:

Thank you for your suggestion. I know what you mean. I have never tried this one on the street yet. I will think about what I am going say.
Akonn
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
34 Posts

Profile of Akonn
Quote:
On 2010-05-29 12:12, CardWiz wrote:
If you are going to use that music go slower and make it simpler. Its like watching a fight scene from The Matrix with classical music....they don't match each other.

If you did this on the street you would blow people away with this.

CW

Thank you for your opinion. I could go slower. It is true but I think watching fight scene with classical music is awesome..Its something new and I really like it. I have see few movie with this type and It was awesome..maybe just for me..Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Five speed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL