The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the guy on the couch
View Profile
New user
Northern VA.
20 Posts

Profile of the guy on the couch
Is this company still making coins?
I emailed them a few weeks ago and no response.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Yes, Jaime Schoolcraft is still making coins, as far as I know. It is his own, one-man operation, so he just might have missed your email. Try again.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I just got a set from Jamie - they're fantastic.
Email contact can be spotty...I don't typically get replies from him; I would try calling the number on the site.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
What kind of coins do you want? That might help Jamie if you give him specifics on what you wish to order. If you see it on his website and want to order it he should respond to you pretty quickly. If you call him during the day you may have a chance of talking to him.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
the guy on the couch
View Profile
New user
Northern VA.
20 Posts

I was interested in ben franklin silver half dollar FL and [
I guess I can email him again. I don't have a phone so I cant call him.

anyone have a pic of "the cut" they could PM me?
and how well does the [ cover?

I just don't want to drop the cash on one before I see one up close know what I mean.
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I am pretty sure Jamie does not have one of those in stock so that would be a "Special Order". I do not have a Franklin Flipper or shell to show you but can tell you that the quality is supreme and you would be more than satisfied with his work.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I bought a Franklin half set like the one your looking for about a year ago from Mark Mason at JB Magic. IMHO I don't think you can get better work than the set I got for the price. As for the cut, the line he uses on the Franklin flipper I personally designed and it is the only truly invisible cut I have seen on a flipper. They also work with Bob Swaddling (creator of the flipper coin) Bob adds a little touch to his design that Lassen and School craft don't. This added feature makes the flipper closing 90% quieter than other standard gravity flippers. I actually compared a gravity flipper from School craft and mine from Bob Swaddling last night.

Before you think I am bashing School crafts work, I am not! He does great work. His expanded shell, C/S, and other gimmicks are little works of art! But if your looking for a Franklin half "flipper/Exp. shell" set... I wouldn't go to anyone else but Mark Mason and Bob Swaddling.

Not to mention, you WILL here back from Mark probably within 24-48 hours. Lassen and Schoolcraft don't seem to know how to answer an email yet.

-Lee
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Swadling is a genius. He invented The Swadling Swindle (first magnetic coins) and many other amazing bits. HIs work with magnets and reed switches started many trends.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I just talked to Mark Mason... looks like Bob is going to reside in the States! This is good news for us in the US. However, custom work may take a little bit while things move. What is for sure, Mark reply's FAST to inquires! Even on memorial day.

-Lee
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Mark is going to be at a 1 day Magic Convention in Tampa on Saturday June 19th. If any of you live in Florida it may be a good chance to see him and get some coins from him.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

the guy on the couch
View Profile
New user
Northern VA.
20 Posts

Thanks for the info gentlemen. djkutt, does this person you speak of have a web site?
I would love to get some ordered
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
http://www.jbtvusa.com/

enjoy.

Amazing how ignoring/missing an email can cause someone to loose business.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I, too can vouch for Mark. He will honestly tell you if Bob will do the work, and when it will be done. He is a great guy and easy to deal with.
You might also want to consider Mr Tango for custom work. He is a member of the Café and is very responsive. You will need to send him silver coins, though.

Regards,

Alan
the guy on the couch
View Profile
New user
Northern VA.
20 Posts

Thanks gentlemen for your help. the info is greatly appreciated!
ply
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of ply
I just bought Jaime Schoolcraft coin from http://realcoinmagic.com/shop.htm.
It very good service and fast shipping ^_^

PLY ^_^
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL