The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Joshua Jay's Amazing Book of Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Book (pre-order) by Joshua Jay ($18.00) from Vanishing Inc.

Yes! It's confirmed. Joshua Jay's Amazing Book of Cards, our cofounder's mass-market paperback, is almost ready for release. The book is an anything, everything celebration of playing cards: tricks, shuffles, scams, and hustles, as well as the history, trivia, lore, and art of playing cards.

Joshua Jay tells us, "This is the book I always wanted to write. Traveling the world, I have collected tips, tricks, and stunts with a pack of cards that will appeal to anyone who loves cards. This is not a magic book, strictly speaking, but instead an exploration into playing cards, their history, cheating apparatus, and more."

Joshua will tour 18 cities in support of the book's release, including Minneapolis, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville, New York, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, and others. More tour announcements to come.

Joshua Jay's Amazing Book of Cards costs just 18 dollars and will be available in stores nationwide on June 14th. There are FIVE REASONS TO ORDER HERE:

1. You will get it as soon as it comes out, delivered to your door.
2. This is the ONLY place you will receive your book autographed by Joshua Jay.
3. Every order will come with a free gift of Joshua Jay's e-lecture notes (15 dollar value).
4. Every book will come with a DVD performing and explaining many of the flourishes, stunts, scams, and tricks explored in the book.
5. You will be directly supporting the artist, Joshua Jay, by buying direct and not through a large chain.

Joshua will also make several national television appearances in support of The Amazing Book of Cards. Cheer him on for his next appearance, on June 14th on the TODAY show.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Special user
NYC
574 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
Peo, thanks for posting this info. (Cafe members rock!). This should be an interesting book. Looks like this might be a good source of presentational ideas for those who perform with the pasteboards. I think Jay is an excellent writer and his passion for magic is very evident in his work. I'm supporting this and will place my order ASAP!

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
Joshua Jay
View Profile
V.I.P.
196 Posts

Profile of Joshua Jay
Hi All,

As Roberto indicated above, I hope The Amazing Book of Cards has proven useful for those looking for interesting themes, presentations, and inspiration for the work they already do. Between each of the entries are facts--things I found fascinating--about the art, symbolism, and history of playing cards. I also included as many visuals as possible, and I WISH I had known about this while writing it.

This is RIDICULOUS.

Please, nobody wear this.

http://urdb.org/wr/make-homemade-suit-out-playing-cards

Josh
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
670 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Quote:
On 2010-09-14 19:50, Joshua Jay wrote:
This is RIDICULOUS.
Please, nobody wear this.
http://urdb.org/wr/make-homemade-suit-out-playing-cards
Josh

That's obvious.
Everybody knows that the faces of the cards should be on the OUTSIDE of the suit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Joshua Jay's Amazing Book of Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL