The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Bicycle Card Stock Setback (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

morpheis91
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
155 Posts

Profile of morpheis91
Hello All,

About 2 years ago I invented a trick that required a magician to make a gimmick using a playing card. I've worked on it with many well-known magicians and they all love it. The method to construct the Gimmick worked with Tallys, Bicycles, Studs and many other cards. The marketability of the effect was not only the Effect (Which is Top Notch and unique) but the Method in constructing the Gimmick and its ease. Now that Bicycle changed its card stock the gimmicks end up looking pretty bad (I don't wanna get into too much detail) There is a work-around for it but it takes constructing the gimmick a little longer.

What I am writing is to ask on your opinions of what should be done. I know I can include a Bicycle deck that will work in each package (Which will enable you to make 52 gimmicks) and I can also teach the work-around. But what do you think the over-all reception would be if it doesn't work on all Bicycles but it works on virtually any other card stock and of course with the Deck included in the package?

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 1:35pm
--------------------------------
Anyone?
Wilberto Casillas
https://phillymagic.com/products/chapslick
Use code at checkout to save: 'cafeslick'
brangwinj
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of brangwinj
Include the deck
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Stumped as to why it would look so bad between decks. I understand all about the card stock but for the gimmick to be superb with old bikes and bad with the new ones you would have to do as you stated,include old bike deck or just include 5 gimmicks instead of an entire deck then teach the work around.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Cancel the project.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » New Bicycle Card Stock Setback (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL