The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Go Away! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lion Dope
View Profile
New user
York PA
88 Posts

Profile of Lion Dope
Can anybody else relate to this?
You're working a "hat" event, and in between your scheduled sets you stoll around to do a "trickle" or a street show to make some extra bucks. But alas, you are set upon by the following:
1) Cast/crew members who think you're there to entertain them
2) Cast/ crew/ vendors who view you as a free babysitting service for their demon spawn children
3) Cast/ crew/ patrons who just want to "chat" with you
4) Cast/ crew/ patrons who "lurk" aorund while you're performing, trying to pick up some methods.
I try to be cordial, and I have no problem whatsoever in being as assertive as I need to, but this past weekend I feel like I was playing "Whack A Mole".
As soon as I shooed off one distraction, another waste of my time would roll in and take his place. I wanted to just shout, "P*SS OFF!!! I'M WORKING!!!"
There. I feel better now that I vented...
Cheers,
Mike
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Gently place your arm around their shoulder and politly tell them just that. "I'm working here and I need to focus my attention on the paying customers, so we'll play later." If that doesn't work tell them to "**** off" and !@#$% to the E.D.

good luck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Periods & styles of Magic » » Go Away! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL